Zero knowledge! What cat is this?

jsxbang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My brother picked up a small kitten a few days ago. Ever since, we've been taking care of it as much as we can but we absolutely know nothing about it. Since we know nothing about what type of kitten it is, I'm scared that we might take care it incorrectly. 

I figured that if we knew what type of cat it is, we may be able to take better care of it.

Obviously, it has no papers so I'm assuming that it's a mix breed or something. But nonetheless, breed or not I want to know about what cat this is. If anyone could help me out, I'd more that thankful.

Here are some photos I took of our baby kitten.

I also need to know what i can feed it. How to bathe it --- the essentials in taking care of our new buddy. All we've been raising are dogs and they're in cages outside. We decided to keep the kitten inside. 

Please help me on identifying our kitten and what I need to know on how to care for it. Thank you!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi @jsxbang

Cute kitten! He/she looks like a Domestic Short Hair, the colour is known as tabby and white. If this was a stray kitten it would be a good idea to take him to a vet. He'll probably need to be treated for fleas and worms and the vet can sex the kitten for you too.  He/she looks a bit too young for this yet, but you'll need to get the kitten vaccinated and either spayed or neutered, ask your vet when that can be done.

There are plenty of canned foods that are made particularly for kittens and will give them all they need. Don't give the kitten cow's milk, they can't digest it. He/She looks old enough to go on to canned food straight away.

Cat's very rarely need to be bathed unless they have a bad case of fleas or have got themselves covered in something very messy or potentially dangerous. They're pretty good at keep themselves clean.

Here's a long list of articles on cat and kitten care. Take a peek and see if there are any that are helpful for you.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/248996/tcs-cat-care-grooming-resources-articles-and-important-threads

Good luck, keep us posted.