Your top three toys?

UpperLeftUSA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's taken me a few weeks and a little too much money to discover that my kitten's favorite toy is, and I suspect always will be.....me!๐Ÿ˜ Hide and seek and fetching "whatever" are favorites, but I've discovered that three of the least expensive toys top the long list of my experimental purchases. I'm sure The Cat Site could have given me great suggestions, but it took me awhile to find this place.๐Ÿง Probably no surprises here, but these three get five stars for Lexi:

1. Cat springs๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ
2. Small tunnel ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ 3. Wand w/fabric string๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ

I'd love to know some of your favorite toys, from a piece of crumpled paper to an expensive interactive "whatever." Thanks! :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

UpperLeftUSA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I really like that you make them. That puts a little extra love into the mix and you've got dual purpose toys/pillows there as well! ๐Ÿ’•

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet Gum's favorite kitten toy was an empty box small that held plastic sandwich baggies. I put a yard long length of clothes line (soft) through one end and knotted it inside the box to secure it. She would grab the clothes line and race through the house dragging the box around and around. It reminded me of the clacky bee we had as kids.

Others liked crocheted mice, triangle shape, stuffed with old t-shirt material no ears, whiskers, or tails.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
crumpled up bits of toilet paper and paper towels, plastic bottle lids, laser toys. they also like these expensive handmade denim things but they end up lost under the sofa within minutes. lol. we buy them all the toys but it always comes back to wadded bits of paper and bottle lids.

UpperLeftUSA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sweet Gum's favorite kitten toy was an empty box small that held plastic sandwich baggies. I put a yard long length of clothes line (soft) through one end and knotted it inside the box to secure it. She would grab the clothes line and race through the house dragging the box around and around. It reminded me of the clacky bee we had as kids.

Others liked crocheted mice, triangle shape, stuffed with old t-shirt material no ears, whiskers, or tails.
Thank you for your response! I love that you get so creative. I'm going to try your sandwich box suggestion. Something new and different, which seems to go a long way..... ๐Ÿ‘

UpperLeftUSA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
crumpled up bits of toilet paper and paper towels, plastic bottle lids, laser toys. they also like these expensive handmade denim things but they end up lost under the sofa within minutes. lol. we buy them all the toys but it always comes back to wadded bits of paper and bottle lids.
Thank you! It's the simple things, right? And yes, the only way something doesn't wind up under the sofa is if it's too darn big!๐Ÿ˜†

UpperLeftUSA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine still love theirs best, then the catnip pickles, and Lila really likes her catnip mouse!
Thank you! I've tried multiple versions of catnip and.... nothing! My neighbor has to ration her cat's exposure to catnip because he goes nuts! ๐ŸŒฐ๐Ÿฅœ

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty's top two favorite toys are Da Bird and Da Bee. And when we play with Da Bee, I MUST say "buzzy-wuzzy-wuzzy" over and over and over again. Her third favorite toy is any one of the toys that strider rose strider rose has sent her. I think the only reason that BIrd and Bee win out over them is that I am involved in the first two. We're playing TOGETHER.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty's top two favorite toys are Da Bird and Da Bee. And when we play with Da Bee, I MUST say "buzzy-wuzzy-wuzzy" over and over and over again. Her third favorite toy is any one of the toys that strider rose strider rose has sent her. I think the only reason that BIrd and Bee win out over them is that I am involved in the first two. We're playing TOGETHER.
Now you went and gave me an idea. I have toys strider rose strider rose sent my cats, and I wonder what they would do if I attached their favorite catnip toys to a wand!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton's taste in toys has changed over the years. He used to love a stuffed cherry, a laser toy and a wand toy. He discovered an elastic band I use for exercises and joined me on my yoga mat ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ - now that's his new favorite toy.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Now you went and gave me an idea. I have toys strider rose strider rose sent my cats, and I wonder what they would do if I attached their favorite catnip toys to a wand!
we do this with the wands with the fleece type material. extra important not to leave them unattended with it though because can get seriously wrapped around body parts if not careful.

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our catโ€™s most recent interest is batting around peanuts in the shell. They really slide on a smooth floor. Other favorites include really big plastic bags and big sheets of packing paper. For actual toys, theyโ€™ve been into that tower with three tracks and balls, they always like a wand with the worm attachment, and our boy loves killing the flopping fish.

UpperLeftUSA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
U UpperLeftUSA i got your message and would love to discuss your toys with you

Thank you! Love your creativity. I'm going to try the box and "line" suggestion . I can just see it now... ๐Ÿ˜†

UpperLeftUSA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reply! Love the sound effects, and I can just picture that. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Isn't it fun?

UpperLeftUSA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Carleton's taste in toys has changed over the years. He used to love a stuffed cherry, a laser toy and a wand toy. He discovered an elastic band I use for exercises and joined me on my yoga mat ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ - now that's his new favorite toy.
Thank you for your response! I'm looking forward to seeing how playing evolves. I have a laser pointer that's a blast, but I feel bad that she can't catch it! Sounds like whatever you're doing, Carleton wants in. Tell me I'm wrong. ๐Ÿ˜‚