Your Funny Moments At The Vet?

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love these stories. I only have one funny with Rox. I was angry for days over it. Sadly because we travel, I cant stick with 1 trustworthy vet. Rox was in for a booster 2 weeks ago and to check on her brand new adult teeth. I went to this vet 2 weeks prior for another booster. I wasnt happy with his vibes then but no real complaints.
First of all, Rox is sweet and trusting, and is usually on shoulders at the vet, instead of walking on her leash, because of yapping dogs and all the smells. This time, no dogs were in the office so she walked in on her leash.
She was fantastic when he gave the booster, slight whine when he pulled her last baby tooth with no lidocaine or numbing, but she was not fighting or resisting. The last visit, he cut her nails lower than I've ever seen a vet do and she was nervous but no resistance.
This time, he got to the 3rd nail, and she yelped and latched on biting him. He stormed out of the room, telling me that he will be back with a restraint because "it's better than being bit by an out of control cat" and I looked at my Rox, who I've NEVER heard whimper, and her paw was covered in blood.
I was livid.
I screamed "YOU CUT HER QUICK!" and "Let's go Roxanne" and she jumped down and we passed him and others in the hall with me screaming and her dripping blood crying and limping so I picked her up. Maybe I was being dramatic but I stormed out and then drove out of the parking lot and back into the lot. Left her in the truck with it running, and I told the receptionist I had come back to pay for the booster and dental. She burst out laughing. She said I was crying more than my cat was.
Roxanne, eager to see where I went, had locked me out of my truck with the button on the door. After pleading with her and trying to play window games for an hour, she finally stepped on the back window button so I could break in. Lol
I'm sorry that was so long but I feel like I made an ass of myself at the vet. (Still a terrible vet. We wouldnt go back even if we were allowed to)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love these stories. I only have one funny with Rox. I was angry for days over it. Sadly because we travel, I cant stick with 1 trustworthy vet. Rox was in for a booster 2 weeks ago and to check on her brand new adult teeth. I went to this vet 2 weeks prior for another booster. I wasnt happy with his vibes then but no real complaints.
First of all, Rox is sweet and trusting, and is usually on shoulders at the vet, instead of walking on her leash, because of yapping dogs and all the smells. This time, no dogs were in the office so she walked in on her leash.
She was fantastic when he gave the booster, slight whine when he pulled her last baby tooth with no lidocaine or numbing, but she was not fighting or resisting. The last visit, he cut her nails lower than I've ever seen a vet do and she was nervous but no resistance.
This time, he got to the 3rd nail, and she yelped and latched on biting him. He stormed out of the room, telling me that he will be back with a restraint because "it's better than being bit by an out of control cat" and I looked at my Rox, who I've NEVER heard whimper, and her paw was covered in blood.
I was livid.
I screamed "YOU CUT HER QUICK!" and "Let's go Roxanne" and she jumped down and we passed him and others in the hall with me screaming and her dripping blood crying and limping so I picked her up. Maybe I was being dramatic but I stormed out and then drove out of the parking lot and back into the lot. Left her in the truck with it running, and I told the receptionist I had come back to pay for the booster and dental. She burst out laughing. She said I was crying more than my cat was.
Roxanne, eager to see where I went, had locked me out of my truck with the button on the door. After pleading with her and trying to play window games for an hour, she finally stepped on the back window button so I could break in. Lol
I'm sorry that was so long but I feel like I made an ass of myself at the vet. (Still a terrible vet. We wouldnt go back even if we were allowed to)
I would have ripped that "vet" a new one and written a scathing review to post on Yelp. For starters. MORON. He shouldn't be allowed to practice.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. One of the things that I screamed was "I'M GLAD SHE BIT YOU, DUMBA**!"
I don't trust most doctors of any kind. Maybe it is different in some places and in some other times, but most of the ones I come across seem to be in it to earn a lot of money. I can't really expect them to care a lot because they don't even know their patients. But I've had some really excellent vets and a few doctors I felt actually cared.
To stay OT, I do remember one sort of funny moment at the vet. Our beloved angel Rani was a gorgeous tuxedo longhair and her name translates to "Queen". Our vet at this time was the best, from India, and when I took her out of her carrier, he said something like, "What else?" about her name because she was so beautiful.
IMG_1205.JPG

*Our beloved angel Rani*:hearthrob::loveeyes:

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't trust most doctors of any kind. Maybe it is different in some places and in some other times, but most of the ones I come across seem to be in it to earn a lot of money. I can't really expect them to care a lot because they don't even know their patients. But I've had some really excellent vets and a few doctors I felt actually cared.
To stay OT, I do remember one sort of funny moment at the vet. Our beloved angel Rani was a gorgeous tuxedo longhair and her name translates to "Queen". Our vet at this time was the best, from India, and when I took her out of her carrier, he said something like, "What else?" about her name because she was so beautiful.
View attachment 357060
Whiskers for days and her nose marking really does fit her name. She actually seems to know shes a queen too!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only had one bad unfortunate experience with a vet and that was with a new employee just out of vet school at my regular vet.
It was when first got Blue and he was totally unknown quantity expect for the fact he was an angry cat and I warned the vet twice..be careful I dont know how this cat will react. Next minute he had his face 2 inches away from the cats ..If I hadn't seen what was going to happen and covered Blues eyes the vet would have lost half his face. Blue missed luckily. I started yelling for another vet and told him to get out. He doesn't work there anymore..dont think mine was the only complaint.

Last edited:

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
View attachment 357052
*Safi Kitten and Nila in the background, flanking the sharkiest cat ever, The Talker* *They did not have funny moments at the vet, but they all got speutered and vaxxed and all. No cat laughter was heard.*
Oh my goodness that is quite a tail too - all beautiful creatures 😽❤

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
View attachment 357060
Awwww beautiful ❤❤

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bug, a cat we had many years ago, had to spend many nights at the vet as he got older. Bug was a gentle, sweet cat that charmed everyone with his constant purr and happy attitude.

While staying at the vet office the staff would often have him sitting at the front desk greeting clients. Or leave him loose in the front office where he would nap in the sunny front window or keep someone doing paperwork company. He was well behaved and loved to meet new cats and new people.

We went to pick him up one time after a two night stay, and they couldn't find him. After searching for awhile we spotted him: one of the original founders of the practice had been in a back office doing research and he came out front to get a coffee..... Bug was sound asleep on his shoulder. Apparently, Bug had been keeping him company for several hours while he worked.

Bug passed away many years ago and we still miss his gentle presence.

Another story that didn't happen at the vet office, but rather with our vet at our home: Makena is a bit of a handful at the vet. This vet was very helpful when we we first got him, offering advice on how to get him settled, working with us to stop him spraying in the house etc, etc.

Over the years we came to really enjoy seeing this vet, and eventually invited her and her husband over for dinner. We had a nice evening together chatting. When it came time to leave, she wanted one of us to hold up Makena with her so she could take a pic. It was then we realized that she only knew him from the office visits where he was a terror. Laughing, I handed him to her and he readily posed with her for a pic and a then a hug. She was surprised (relieved?) to find him so friendly. After getting the pic, she said "no one at the office will ever believe this!" Turns out Makena had a bit of a reputation.....

On subsequent visits to our house Makena has become freinds with her, but I doubt he will ever be easy to deal with at the vets office.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bug, a cat we had many years ago, had to spend many nights at the vet as he got older. Bug was a gentle, sweet cat that charmed everyone with his constant purr and happy attitude.

While staying at the vet office the staff would often have him sitting at the front desk greeting clients. Or leave him loose in the front office where he would nap in the sunny front window or keep someone doing paperwork company. He was well behaved and loved to meet new cats and new people.

We went to pick him up one time after a two night stay, and they couldn't find him. After searching for awhile we spotted him: one of the original founders of the practice had been in a back office doing research and he came out front to get a coffee..... Bug was sound asleep on his shoulder. Apparently, Bug had been keeping him company for several hours while he worked.

Bug passed away many years ago and we still miss his gentle presence.

Another story that didn't happen at the vet office, but rather with our vet at our home: Makena is a bit of a handful at the vet. This vet was very helpful when we we first got him, offering advice on how to get him settled, working with us to stop him spraying in the house etc, etc.

Over the years we came to really enjoy seeing this vet, and eventually invited her and her husband over for dinner. We had a nice evening together chatting. When it came time to leave, she wanted one of us to hold up Makena with her so she could take a pic. It was then we realized that she only knew him from the office visits where he was a terror. Laughing, I handed him to her and he readily posed with her for a pic and a then a hug. She was surprised (relieved?) to find him so friendly. After getting the pic, she said "no one at the office will ever believe this!" Turns out Makena had a bit of a reputation.....

On subsequent visits to our house Makena has become freinds with her, but I doubt he will ever be easy to deal with at the vets office.
What sweet, handsome guys Bug and Makena were and are!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turns out Makena had a bit of a reputation.
Most of the breed do but mostly unreasonable fear from the vets.
My previous one spent all his time at the vet trying to get the vets earings or necklaces, Blue is fine at the vets as long as I am there..if I leave the room ..Hell has no lesser fury than a cat with spots...lol