Your finger and your cats paw

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does you cat squeeze your finger tip like a kneed if you place your finger or finger tip in between the palm of his paw and fingers?

Just something lovey to share, so I made this small pole. 

Comments are most welcome as well.
Looks like something is bugging out with the pole. Just can give a yes or no in the comments =)

Last edited:

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both do this when I touch their paw. But Hecate doesn't like having her paws touched, so part of me thinks it might be reflexive.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our last cat used to deliberately "hold hands" by curling his toes around my finger. He would poke at my hand till I pointed a finger, then hold on for a half hour or so.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our last cat used to deliberately "hold hands" by curling his toes around my finger. He would poke at my hand till I pointed a finger, then hold on for a half hour or so.
Aww, how sweet is that? :)

My cats will squeeze my finger too, but if I stay there too long they'll get annoyed.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leroy has typically Aby "grabby paws". Abys actually try to use their front paws as little hands to grab stuff.

kayzee49

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jekyll and Hyde will both do that at times. They also reach out to touch my face with their paws if I'm not paying enough attention to them when they're laying on my chest. It's very funny. Hyde is much better at having his paws touched and he will knead/spread his paws a lot. It's definitely not an unconscious reflex because Hyde is PASSED OUT and if I poke his paw right now he doesn't do anything. Except keep having cute little kitten dreams... Aww :)

Phil in Connecticut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I once had two cats that reliably would extend their paw to my extended forefinger and would wrap their claws gently around the finger tip. The description by sparkymema is exactly what I experienced. Of all the cats in my life, they were the only ones. Pure heaven to be able to communicate that way.

SundaesPerson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine grabs onto my chest if she's napping and senses that I'm about to move or get up lol. Like: "No, no. You stay. You're not allowed to move until I've had enough." 😂