Your Favorite Offbeat Christmas Carol

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We all know- and love- the classic Christmas Carols. White Christmas. Jingle Bells. Good Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

But I’d like to hear your favorite offbeat, odd and unusual Christmas Carol. Here’s one of mine-

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
FANTASTIC!! That might be one of the best ones I’ve ever heard!! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing. I don’t know how to post YouTube links, but just search “A Christmas Carol” and “Hanukkah in Santa Monica” by Tom Lehrer. “Christmas at the Airport” by Nick Lowe is pretty on the nose, and rather sweet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just copy the link and drop it directly in the reply box.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh…McCannon, you're very very kind. I like and own a typewriter. How much do I want to be a slave to Steve Job’s Universe? Maybe me not knowing how to post a link is my tiny defiance to digitaland. I like INK. I like…newspapers. Maybe, in this instance, ignorance is bliss. (Anyway, thanks for posting the link). Merry Christmas.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this is a classic Christmas carol, but the rendition is highly unusual, as well as being utterly gorgeous:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Word of warning: Nanowar of Steel is a heavy metal parody band. This means that they're loud! Turn down the volume a bit before you listen to this one.

Margret

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"Our father Odin, Who art in Ikea!"

HA!

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh…McCannon, you're very very kind. I like and own a typewriter. How much do I want to be a slave to Steve Job’s Universe? Maybe me not knowing how to post a link is my tiny defiance to digitaland. I like INK. I like…newspapers. Maybe, in this instance, ignorance is bliss. (Anyway, thanks for posting the link). Merry Christmas.
I could never go back to using a typewriter. I like technology, but don't feel like I'm a slave to it. Or am I?

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I could never go back to using a typewriter. I like technology, but don't feel like I'm a slave to it. Or am I?
That’s depends on whether you have mastered the technology, or the technology has mastered you

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Christmas is over, but this popped into my head last night so I had to look it up. Loved it when I was young, and apparently I still do.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, sooooo funny!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The Australian group, Polish Club rehashed an old favourite in 2017 and it makes a comeback at Christmas. It's a catchy rendition of "All I want for Christmas is you" with people associated with the band featuring. Back then our current Prime Minister was just a bloke with a portfolio in Parliament and thought it was a good idea to be a part of the video.