Your Cat's Reaction When Scolded

hilgenep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Finn typically only acts out when he is in a really wild mood. If he is doing something naughty and I clap my hands, he zooms away as fast as possible with his tail held high. If he could speak, I'm pretty sure he would be cackling maniacally. He will quit what he's doing but he definitely has no regrets about it.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
My current cat just looks at like "fat chance hooman" unless shes scratching the couch. She doesn't do that unless its a last resort for getting attention - sometimes were having a conversation about something and she starts meowing like she wants to be part of the conversation or shes decided were done talking and its time to let her outside or something. When that happens you tell her "NO" and she stops and looks at like "you know what to do"

we have a rescue coming in tonight, he was a stray that was basically living in our yard so I took him into ACC and got him neutered and stuff. He is coming back tonight and when he gets scolded he gets very low, like hes scared. He was pretty desperate living in our yard, I was feeding him and the other cats would just sit there and stare at him while he ate so sometimes he would get nervous and lash out or another cat would come up to him so I would stand there and watch and make sure noone started any fights and if I said "hey be nice" he would lay down with his tail between his legs. I think he will settle down though
"we have a rescue coming in tonight"
:wave3:I had run across his story in your thread 'Possible Stray' and I was hoping to find more about him. How is he doing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today Cucumella sitting on my desk while I was busy with the computer tried to call my attention pawing me gently as she usually does but this time I got one of her claws on my hand. When I cried out "you naughty girl you have hurt me" and showed her my hand she started to lick my hand chirping away. Funny how she often reacts licking me when I scold her.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most the scolding done in our home is when the boys scold me for either interfering with their activities or not being quick enough to meet their needs.

20150828_074504.jpg

Both cats are sensitive, so we are careful to not over react........ and they are also usually well behaved.....although yesterday greg did lick a toad and started frothing at the mouth..... I think it was an american toad, not poisonous, but apparently they taste awful. Greg got his mouth rinsed and lots of water and treats to get rid of the taste.....hes ok now.......boys!

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ailish came to me very well behaved, but she does have her moments. I have never scolded her because she is very sensitive and I don't think it works for cats. She somehow knows what she is not supposed to do, because if I walk in when she is, say, scratching the sofa, she will sometimes scoot away very fast. Other times she will walk away with her "I'm just an innocent cat" saunter. I tell her there are no innocent cats.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rocket doesn't do anything to really warrant a scolding and if she does do something she shouldn't she usually just needs a look to stop. Nightfury gets super cuddly when he gets caught misbehaving. Honestly, I think it is because he just wants attention.

Link. That one is a whole other case. I should say we don't really scold. He gets a sharp "Link! No!" sometimes but usually it is just a sharp look at what he is doing and a tisking. If it is him and Rocket playing too rough he looks sheepish and they both run into the other room (usually to start up quieter). If it is him being somewhere he shouldn't, like a counter top, he runs to a different spot and grooms his back in a "I didn't do it" way. If it is not coming when called, he rolls over "I'm cute" then goes limp as he gets carried where he was supposed to be which is usually at curfew time or vet visits. If it is a bite because you petted the tummy or he accidentally scratched you in play, he licks the hand after the injury like he is checking you are okay. He also likes to lick the hand when he is done being pet. If he is trying to go outside when he shouldn't, he sneaks and when you look at him he stops and lays down giving you a dejected look (but if you look away he will try again).

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Most the scolding done in our home is when the boys scold me for either interfering with their activities or not being quick enough to meet their needs.

View attachment 195907

Both cats are sensitive, so we are careful to not over react........ and they are also usually well behaved.....although yesterday greg did lick a toad and started frothing at the mouth..... I think it was an american toad, not poisonous, but apparently they taste awful. Greg got his mouth rinsed and lots of water and treats to get rid of the taste.....hes ok now.......boys!
:camera:Love their bathroom redecorating job, you should post the picture in the Cats 'helping' thread.:crackup:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Ailish came to me very well behaved, but she does have her moments. I have never scolded her because she is very sensitive and I don't think it works for cats. She somehow knows what she is not supposed to do, because if I walk in when she is, say, scratching the sofa, she will sometimes scoot away very fast. Other times she will walk away with her "I'm just an innocent cat" saunter. I tell her there are no innocent cats.
:lolup::flail:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise

day

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Apollo sprints out of the room :p
He KNOWS when he is doing bad. I have since closed all the toilet bowls when I'm not using them but he had an unsavory habit of drinking out of them. Back in the day I would hear him drinking loudly and come in the bathroom to find him trying to hide behind the toilet cus he knew I would start yelling at him. Lol