"Your Cats" picture upload?

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had another member ask how to add a photo in the Your Cats section but when I tried to upload I also receive this error

Destination directory can't be made writeable. Can't carry on a process.

I made certain that it was the proper size before I tried. Can someone help?

Thanks!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This is a known problem. Let me see if we have an update on it.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm afraid the coder isn't available. I will try and take another look at it myself and see.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ok, it's actually working for me. Can you please let me know what usergroup the member in question is? I can only guess it might be a usergroup issue (not at all sure). If I have two usergroups (you're a top cat and mentor - and whatever the member is) - I can at least try and compare to mine and see if there's a box somewhere that needs to be checked...

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Anne. It was me. I have been assuming the pictures won't load due to my browser and my low-tech ways, e.g., I have old software on my computer (e.g. my browser (I bet)) - Plus I don't update software and inner workings, rarely clean/maintain, etc.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well, you never know with computers... So many elements in software and hardware that anything's possible. But it may be something to do with the site software, so now that I know it's you, I can try and do some usergroup analysis and see if I come up with anything.

Thanks for reporting this!

ETA just noticed you're a top cat too lol. I'll still give it a try though, compare to my permissions.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I couldn't really see anything there. I did make a minor change in overall upload limits for your usergroup. I don't think that was the problem, but if you could please try now, we'll see for sure.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for that. It didn't work but I'll try again in 24-48 hours in case it needs time to take effect. I never know with computers -I think it's my computer. My cats can stay as silhouettes -that's fine as long as I can access TCS, that's the main thing for me.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you so much for your patience about this. I'd like to try something, if that's ok with you. Can you please send me the pictures of your kitties to my email - [email protected] - I want to try and upload them from my end, see if that works.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

Thank you so much for your patience about this. I'd like to try something, if that's ok with you. Can you please send me the pictures of your kitties to my email - [email protected] - I want to try and upload them from my end, see if that works.
I've just sent you an email with two attachments.