Your Cats Favorite (weird) Toy

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy's idea of a toy is anything she knock down, including Post-It flags, pens, pill bottles, lipstick, jigsaw puzzle pieces, wrapped cough drops, and bite-size candy (if I have to unwrap it). Unfortunately, her favorite one is my hearing aids, which has been a big problem because I would prefer to keep them out in a convenient spot.

I used to have a cat who knocked over the trash can to dig out rubber bands. She never played with them; they just ended up in her food bowl.
We had a cat years ago that was one of those who could seek out anything that could be knocked over, and do it passive aggressively by rubbing up against it. One night we had stacks and stacks of magazines, newspapers, etc., to take to the recycle place and she hopped up, leaned into it, and send this huge cascade of crap tumbling onto the floor.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LoL, I can visualize this stack of stuff going over....
@CatFarm, try katsnus . com they're a classic and retro cat toy online store, --totally saved my bacon with a real fur mouse I absolutely HAD to find/ replace and couldn't find ANYwhere...
Maybe not all that weird, but the Big Guy obviously really likes that mousie, and dunks it in his water bowl and then his food bowl. We're buying bags of them LoL

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a similar situation. There are these specific cheap felt nice that Gohan loves. But we were down to 1 left and had to keep fishing it out from u dear the fridge. We eventually restocked at a petclub, but he hasn’t liked any mice as much as these!

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL I can visualize this stack of stuff going over....
@CatFarm, try katsnus . com they're a classic and retro cat toy online store, --totally saved my bacon with a real fur mouse I absolutely HAD to find/ replace and couldn't find ANYwhere...
Maybe not all that weird, but the Big Guy obviously really likes that mousie, and dunks it in his water bowl and then his food bowl. We're buying bags of them LOL.
Daisy usually put mice in her water bowl but the first pack of four (which had real fur) went in her food bowl. This is a kitten picture. (The shelter vet shaved her leg for the spay anesthesia.)

Attachments

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LoL, I can visualize this stack of stuff going over....
Maybe not all that weird, but the Big Guy obviously really likes that mousie, and dunks it in his water bowl and then his food bowl. We're buying bags of them LoL
One of my childhood cats had a fascination for hair ties, but just the nylon/knitted types (I don't even know if they're available anymore!) that were colored and thicker than normal hair ties and easily were shot with your fingers.
Not cat related...but when I was teaching one of our dogs scent discrimination articles, we used metal canning rings to start him off. I would scent a ring, have a friend place it in a pile of freshly washed non-scented rings, and he'd find the correct scented ring and bring it back to me and sit with it at my feet.
He didn't love having a metal article in his mouth and would carry it by the top half of the "O" so the actual ring hung below his jaw. He'd carry it to me, sit, and his jaw would twitch, bringing the ring up to his stop/eye area. So he'd bring me the canning ring thing, totally proud of himself, then sit. His jaw, twitching, would whack himself in the face with this canning ring as I struggled to not laugh, take it then ask him to finish. Holy crap that was funny...

Redwolfstorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our kitten carries around small pieces of paper or wrappers. He will chew a paper bag up to get a small piece then play with it for hours.

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Melody doesn't exactly PLAY with paper bags; she treats them as islands in seas of lava--my floors. She sits on the split open bag, even grooms on it. If I throw a foam ball, she will reach for it--but only if she doesn't have to leave the bag. [Laminate wood, NOT uncomfortable or hot/cold/dangerous in any way I PROMISE...]

LawnCow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Only one of my four really likes toys. The Maine Coon mix. He loves to play fetch and his favorite thing to fetch... is a ball of tin foil. (Dont judge...:p ) I guess he can pick it up easier.. we play fetch in the house all the time..

LawnCow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Only one of my four really likes toys. The Maine Coon mix. He loves to play fetch and his favorite thing to fetch... is a ball of tin foil. (Dont judge...:p ) I guess he can pick it up easier.. we play fetch in the house all the time..

bing.jpg

Thats him.. the fetchy boy.. Bing The Merciless, Destroyer of Worlds. (yes thats his name)

abbyemma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hair ties and she steals my contacts. Doesn’t really matter because they are all sealed for daily wear and they aren’t a chokeable size. When we first got Emma she would come downstairs every time with a paperclip. She was so young, we grabbed them and threw them out. But this happened for like a week. Finally we realized that theee was a box of paperclips under the desk.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow steals wrapped candies out of the candy dish and bats them around. Once they tear open she is done with them -I think she likes the crinkle sound they make while in the wrapper.