Young Mother Stopped Delivery

Pkgrand

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Flitty is about 1yr. Started labor signs last night. She was extremely anxious and needy. This am she would cry and growl at me if I left the birthing box area, following me around house as I tried to go to work. I finally left at 1130 returning at 530. She has one tiny kitten that appears well taken care of. Her stomach is still huge and appears to have at least 2 more kittens. Flitty is resting well as long as I sit here. Why has labor stopped and what should I do? Frantic Nanny

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pkgrand

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much. Ive never had kittens (literally) and am a nervous wreck. She is my Baby

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is it going? as with this already borne tiny kitten? It may be premature, and if so, you must pay extra attention to it... And even active help. ONE tip already now: IR heating lamps are extra useful with prematures. Many people has such: many rheumatics, people having terraries with lizards...

Do you have a scale measuring in grammes? Its a big help to know exactly how much they weigh, if they gain properly or not...

Flitty is about 1yr. Started labor signs last night. She was extremely anxious and needy. This am she would cry and growl at me if I left the birthing box area, following me around house as I tried to go to work. I finally left at 1130 returning at 530. She has one tiny kitten that appears well taken care of. Her stomach is still huge and appears to have at least 2 more kittens. Flitty is resting well as long as I sit here. Why has labor stopped and what should I do? Frantic Nanny