Young feral on my roof

deebotha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! About three days ago I realised that I have a cat on my roof - she can also go into the roof. She sounds distressed and I don't know whether she can get down. There are two, maybe three areas where it can get down but I thought that maybe it lacks confidence? I don't want to start feeding it because we are surrounded by strays but I'm concerned about it...they are normally able to solve these dilemmas aren't they? Do I leave it or try to catch it? Any advice? Thank you!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello! About three days ago I realised that I have a cat on my roof - she can also go into the roof. She sounds distressed and I don't know whether she can get down. There are two, maybe three areas where it can get down but I thought that maybe it lacks confidence? I don't want to start feeding it because we are surrounded by strays but I'm concerned about it...they are normally able to solve these dilemmas aren't they? Do I leave it or try to catch it? Any advice? Thank you!
The polish word for moggies is literally "roof cat".  So I presume this phenomen isnnt that unusual.   How high up is this?

Wait, is she in trouble or is she not??  What you say can be interpreted both ways.

If you dont think she is in distress, so probably she isnt.  A guess is, its a safe place, no predators, no rivalizing revire holders, and if she is female, no toms...  Not all toms are as friendly as Thomas O´Malley (Aristocats) whom is politely courting...

If you think she wants down, the eaasiest is to have something in between so she can jump down on it.   Sometimes a human shoulder does the trick.

You mention a try to catch it.   Are you willing to help her in other ways?  Do a TNR?  Perhaps even fostering and adoption?  It would be swell!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deebotha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there. I don't think she's in trouble as such. She's kind of quiet for most of the day and at times I would hear her meow. I have led her to the place where I would imagine she could easily jump off and even made a little walkway for her but as far as I know she hasn't come down. I have thought to TNR and it would appear that that would be the best choice - although it's a pitched roof so finding a place for the trap is going to be challenging.

Unfortunately I can't foster or adopt at this stage. I already have two and we've just moved into this house plus we're transitioning to indoor only so am sitting with two nervous kitties already. Thanks for the reply :)