Young Coconut Water?

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have read about the goodness of young coconut water to people. Especially it fast hydrates the body. Seldom see my kitty drinks from the bowl since he was on raw diet. I was just wondering whether I can share some of the young coconut water to my kitty daily?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
personally i would not. Coconut is not a natural food, or drink for cats. I have also read a few things that lead me to believe coconut fats can damage a cats liver. I would also wonder about the vitamin, mineral amounts. just because its good for humans, doesnt mean it would be for a cat :)

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with duckpond duckpond . It’s not worth the risk and it isn’t something that they would have in their diet naturally, which usually means it’s best to stay away from. From what I’ve read, coconut isn’t poisonous to cats but it doesn’t have any health benefits for them, and can cause an upset stomach and diarrhea in some cats.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love coconut water, and basically anything with coconut! But I personally would never give it to my cat. I honestly don't think it gives them any benefits seeing as they are obligate carnivores.