You Think This Is Ringworm?

rmbxr9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
4 year old indoor cat, though she will come out on the deck and lay in a chair a few days a week or roll around, etc.

I just noticed this today, it's like a little furless patch on the inside of her front leg. It's pinkish-red, hard to get a great photo.

She's not licking it or anything, and I don't see any scales or spots. It looks like someone took a hair clippers and just buzzed her arm real quick.

dd.png

I did some internet veterinary work, and seems like fleas or ringworm? Though I don't see anything resembling fleas at all

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks more like an injury, especially with no contact with other animals. You could rub in a little triple antibiotic (with NO pain relievers) and try to prevent her from licking it off for a while. If it was ringworm it would result in multiple lesions in just days, it spreads VERY quickly and to you too. it requires an antifungal. You can see fleas easily if you get her to turn over on her back and look closely at the junction where her back legs meet her body. They are black, very small, and move very quickly. again. With her being an inside cat, the possibility is low. Keep an eye on it to make sure it is slowly healing and not spreading. I bet it is a wound she acquired somehow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rmbxr9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks
I have 2 other cats and they occasionally get into it, but nothing serious... I wouldn’t think she’d be injured in that way

I’m not sure, certainly no other interaction with animals

Like I said, even today she’s not licking it or messing with it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rmbxr9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And as you said, it’s not spreading at all so maybe not ringworm

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was ringworm it would be definitely spreading by now. Your other cats would have it for sure. I have seen one lesion turn into 5 overnight. Its got to be a small wound.