You know you're getting older when...

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jon Bon Jovi is on the cover of Redbook!!!

What on earth is he doing on there??? Redbook is a magazine for old women, you know, those in their thirties and forties...why would they put one of MY idols on there??? Uh oh...wait a minute...

(big sigh...OK, I guess I am a lot more likely to buy a Redbook than a Teen Beat these days - I actually even like the magazine...I just don't FEEL 35 sometimes...)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Suzy
Redbook is a magazine for old women, you know, those in their thirties and forties...
Hey....I resemble that age! Jon Bon Jovi was popular AFTER I went thru school, so I guess that should make me feel even older! LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Momofmany
Hey....I resemble that age! Jon Bon Jovi was popular AFTER I went thru school, so I guess that should make me feel even older! LOL
I hope everyone realizes I'm trying to be funny - I'm 35 myself! I just remember way back when I first heard Bon Jovi - I think I was 15 or so - how OLD 30 seemed. It doesn't really seem that way now that I'm here...

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 25 on the 23rd and I've loved Bon Jovi as long as I can remember, I just bought the 'this left seems right' album as an early Christmas pressie for myself. My mum also loves Bon Jovi and she's a lot older than 35.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My husband (51) was just watching a Red Hot Chili Peppers' concert on TV, and was rather shocked that I was familiar with their music. I guess I'd better not tell him that I also listen to Marilyn Manson - he might drop dead of a heart attack!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mum also loves Bon Jovi and she's a lot older than 35.
Exactly. That's why he's on Redbook, its a magazine for old people.

You youngun's should get your own rock stars to idolize, we old people claimed Bon Jovi years and years ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Sammie5

You youngun's should get your own rock stars to idolize, we old people claimed Bon Jovi years and years ago.
My son loves Bon Jovi - he discovered him when he put out the song 'It's My Life' recently. It's actually kind of nice to have a singer we like in common - he thinks I'm just a LITTLE bit cool since I like Bon Jovi!!

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*walking in with cane in hand* I love Bon Jovi
It is really cool when you and a teenager likes the same kind of music. My daughter and I have always liked him
Of course she is now 26 and I think our taste in music have changed over the years.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
(Typing from my rocking chair, warm milk and cookies at hand) I'm 46 and I DON'T care for Jon Bon Jovi. Give me Frank Sinatra, any time!

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bon Jovi is ok. I like 2 of his songs, the rest are kind of

Evanescence, System of a Down, Blink 182 are the best in my opinion

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 46 and I DON'T care for Jon Bon Jovi. Give me Frank Sinatra, any time!
Yeah, I have to agree with this. He's still kind of new. We really should wait to see if Bon Jovi music withstands the test of time.