You Experience On These Hypoallergenic Cats.

Twiskers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, on my previous post I had a lot of great news on the hypoallergenic qualities of the Siberian cat, a famous hypoallergenic cat.

I am not debating on how hypoallergenic pets work or that it means less not non allergenic or that people have different reactions as I know this.
But I would like to know what peoples allergy experiences are with these so called hypoallergenic breeds:
Russian blue, Balinese, oriental shorthair and Siamese , ocicat and Bengal.

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My grandmother had a Siamese (Belle) and she didn't seem to set off anyone's allergies apart from my sister's. Then again, she was the only one who ever seemed to be allergic to cats. It wasn't bad or anything. She could pet her just fine, but when the cat slept next to her at night it would set off a mild to medium reaction. That was without any medication.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twiskers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My grandmother had a Siamese (Belle) and she didn't seem to set off anyone's allergies apart from my sister's. Then again, she was the only one who ever seemed to be allergic to cats. It wasn't bad or anything. She could pet her just fine, but when the cat slept next to her at night it would set off a mild to medium reaction. That was without any medication.
Thanks, the problem is people can't decide on which breeds are actually hypoallergenic or not but at least we know Siberian is.