Yippie!

nutrolori

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After 12 years of struggling Chester Cheetah Muffin has finally realized being brushed is not my way to torture him!!
He will still let me know when he has had enough but he actually lets me do it without protest. Why it took 12 years I have no idea?? He even lets me brush his belly which is AMAZING!!!

Just had to share.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What's your secret? Callie loves to be brushed...I cannot open the drawer the brush is in without her running from wherever she is, even if that wasn't the intent of that drawer being opened, but none of the others particularly like it, and with the last two cats, I started brushing them from the day we got them at 5 1/2 months, but STILL they don't really like it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nutrolori

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

What's your secret? Callie loves to be brushed...I cannot open the drawer the brush is in without her running from wherever she is, even if that wasn't the intent of that drawer being opened, but none of the others particularly like it, and with the last two cats, I started brushing them from the day we got them at 5 1/2 months, but STILL they don't really like it.
Sadly I don't know the secret that unlocked Chester's willingness to be brushed. I have been trying to brush him on a regular basis since we got him when he was 9 months old. He has long hair and it has always been a battle. Maybe he is getting wiser in his old age.
He even purrs and grabs the brush to rub it on his cheeks!

It is a new slicker brush, maybe that is it. Just a new brush. Hopefully it isn't just a phase.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Callie LOVES to be brushed, always has. It's one of the best ways I have to spend time with her and love on her. Hannah could take brushing or leave it. At least she now doesn't fight me when it's brush time. Tumble is learning to like the brush. He still thinks it's a toy, but I've been able to brush him twice. My secret is to do it at bedtime when they're ready to settle down for the night. They now know this is the routine and they will wait for their brush time.