Yesterday's News?

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We started trying Yesterday's News after adopting T.J as our current litter was not working with a 3rd cat. I absolutely love Yesterday's News, there is no smell and I was shocked it worked so well for being only Newspaper.

Went to get another bag today and it was buy 1 get 1 so I was super excited because it was pretty much like getting 30lbs of good (IMO) litter for $7 each. Get it home and I'm scooping one bag into a bucket and it looks like tiny flecks (whitish?) are jumping off the cup! I have put both bags outside, hoping the cold will kill whatever?? Thinking I need to also call/email company... Ughh!

I am pretty sure it's a bug of some sort, it does not look like paper flecks like I originally thought because it's actually jumping up and then back down. Anyone had this issue? What could they be? What do I do?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't think of anything that fits your description. If it were an insect you'd see body parts of some kind - leg, eyes, a body, etc.

Are you sure it's not paper flecks and the effects of static? Static will make little particles of a substance look like they're jumping or moving on their own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are very tiny, but it does seem to look more like a tiny bug than paper specs, which is what I honestly thought at first.. But I am still thinking thats a possibility. I stuck it outside for now but will recheck in the morning. I am really hoping it's just paper flecks, lol.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When in doubt, return it. Most pet stores will happily take back something like that and replace it free of charge.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should return it, and get your money back!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would go and return both bags. And when at the store, open up the new bags and check before you get all the way home, just in case. I don't use this for cat litter but have used it in the past when I had a rabbit and don't remember seeing anything like what you are describing!! YIKES I am getting the heebie jeebies