Yes, another dreaded dandruff thread

wind_danzer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat is overweight (working on it now and have been for a while now) and has dandruff on his tail/butt area where I'm sure it is from her not being able to reach well. Thing is it has gotten worse over time.

Last time I was to the vet they recommended getting higher quality foods for her weight issue and in doing so I have done IAM's and Purina One. I just spend a good portion of the day brushing and combing her with the hair direction and against. Doing it against brought a lot of dandruff to the surface which I was able to remove quite a bit of it by continuing to brush her.

I also washed/wiped her down OUT! Bathing Wipes for Cats which helped to remove more of the dandruff.

I have read up on some threads about using Olive Oil? Why that and not Fish Oil? I have Olive Oil in the apartment at this time and will begin using it provided I really make sure it doesn't harm the kitty.

So what are your thoughts? I'd like to avoid trying the bath routine as she can be a bit fiesty. I usually let the vet do it for me.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fish oil is good but Olive is balenced omega 3 6 and 9 fatty acids...

You are not giving foods high in fatty acids... Look at Nutro Natural Balence and Royal Canin all are better ingrediant wise and omega 6 and 3 wise...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wind_danzer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can agree with the assessment of food not high in fatty acids. She despises wet food and being on a bit of a tight budget I'm not sure if I could afford the higher priced dry foods.

I'll try the olive oil now, hopefully she doesn't mind it.