Yeast in ears

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat is prone to yeast in her ears. Would a food change or supplement help with that? Or only ear drops

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have heard that too many carbs can cause yeast infections in their ears. So, yes, a change in foods might help, depending on what you are currently feeding.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Current fancy feast classic pate and tiki cat shreds/pate

Up to about 2 weeks ago was getting 1/2 cup dry food a few nights a week. Now no dry, it was constipating her

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Current fancy feast classic pate and tiki cat shreds/pate

Up to about 2 weeks ago was getting 1/2 cup dry food a few nights a week. Now no dry, it was constipating her
Cutting out the dry is good. And those wet foods are decent foods with little grains, so I don't think you would need to make any more changes UNLESS she has a food sensitivity to something in there. Is she showing any other signs other than yeast issues? Itching?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cutting out the dry is good. And those wet foods are decent foods with little grains, so I don't think you would need to make any more changes UNLESS she has a food sensitivity to something in there. Is she showing any other signs other than yeast issues? Itching?
Just the itching of her ears

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could also try a daily antihistamine. We use generic Claritin (10 mg, Loratadine), not the Claritin-D, 1/2 tablet daily crushed into wet food.