yard troubles and the dog

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need help with my yard. It stinks to high heaven. Our Great Dane goes out there to go potty. We always pick up the poop right away. The problem is that we live in an apartment type setting and our yard is supposed to maintained by the management compnay...HA! Our yard is very small and mostly mud wherein lies the problem. I can't spray the yard down with water b/c it's mostly mud as it is. I have tried lyme and that doesn't work. I have also tried bleach water solution that works for about 5 minutes. Is there anything else I can do?

I have called the management company asking if they could find a way to drain our yard better, but I always get the run around. I'm really hoping there is someone here that can offer advice.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walk him elsewhere more so that he's peeing in places other than that little yard?

Since it's not your property and it's all mud, I don't know what to suggest. Usually grass helps, but that's not really an option. If you're willing to get out there and dig yourselves (or rent equipment to), you could lower part of the yard to drain off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They actually brought the landscape manager to our house yesterday. Supposedly they are going to start grating and laying sod this week. I'll believe it when I see it. And after they lay the sod we will take Thor elsewhere to go potty.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may have to stay off it for a while, too. Talk to them about sod care (never thought I'd get to say that...) or you may see if GailC can give you some tips.