X-Ray has a gray mass

clucas976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As well Cslenker, please be sure to fix your male cat in the meantime, it is very possible for him to get your momma cat preggo(even if it wasn't him who created this pregnacy) again before she's spayed after she gives birth, and I know you'd hate to have to go through this again.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GloriaJH

Sharky - re: "bottle feed the kittens" - I'm getting from what you wrote, you mean to bottle feed IF the mommy has leukemia ??

I'm asking because I know that the feral mommy I had spayed continued to nurse her two kittens well until they were 4 or 5 months after her surgery.

Also, asking if the leukemia would be a danger to the kittens if they nursed ??
thx,
g
It would pose a risk to them... wow a spayed female able to nurse for months after ... most text and my vet said 2 weeks after spay milk likely is gone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, Beaux has an apt. next week to be neutered. And Baby Girl will not be allowed out until she is spayed. I think I have to wait until the kittens are 8 weeks old to have her done.

All seems to be fine. Baby Girl has no signs of fever (possible infection or such), she's acting completely normal. And babies are moving around and kicking. She is now 51 days so hopefully we only have 12 days left. Vet doesn't expect any problems with delivery.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

... wow a spayed female able to nurse for months after ... most text and my vet said 2 weeks after spay milk likely is gone
yep, I've got pics and records
- I, too, was surprised.

clucas976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cslenker

Yes, Beaux has an apt. next week to be neutered. And Baby Girl will not be allowed out until she is spayed. I think I have to wait until the kittens are 8 weeks old to have her done.

All seems to be fine. Baby Girl has no signs of fever (possible infection or such), she's acting completely normal. And babies are moving around and kicking. She is now 51 days so hopefully we only have 12 days left. Vet doesn't expect any problems with delivery.
Thats good to hear, I'd hate for you to have to deal with an accidental repeat of this situation because he got "frisky" so to speak.

please just keep a close eye on her for all of us, it'd be terrible for something to happen to her.