Wrong decision.

Siamese brothers mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I‘m so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to let go of someone you love so much. It just shows how attached you were. Maybe you can do something to honor that relationship. You could use your talents, hobbies or passions to celebrate his life. You will be in my thoughts. When my Simon passed, I didn’t get another cat for 6 years. I still think of him often, and I sometimes also wonder if I waited too long to let him go. He was thin and very talkative and probably trying to tell me he was in pain until he stopped eating and gave me “the look“ that I knew it was time. I am grateful that he told me in his way, but it was very hard to lose him. He was 18 years old and Siamese, my first cat as an adult. He will always be like my first “Son“.😢

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please try not to feel guilty - we are all human and as they say hindsight is 20/20 - you would not have wanted him to suffer if you'd known, I do wish they could talk and clearly tell us when something hurts and how badly. It is not always easy and a clear-cut decision about what is the right thing to do. You loved him and you did your best and what you thought was right - we know that and more importantly he will have known that.

It is clear that you loved him, and I am so sorry for your loss, and that it was in circumstances that are making you feel even worse. It will take some time but eventually you will start to fondly remember the good times you shared instead of his final moments. Much love to you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

If you had known then, what you know now, you would have made a different choice. But you could not know that. Let it go. Know this, your cat lived, breathed and had his being wrapped in his love for you. Even at the end, even in pain, he knew he was loved. Even at the end, he knew you were with him...and that he was with you, and all was as it was meant to be, in his world. Now, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he blesses you for your love and your care of him, and he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to keep you company down through all of your days, until you meet again. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are very few that have everything go perfectly in times like these, MANY have later regrets and the guilt that comes with it. NO ONE is perfect. In the 'perfect' scenarios, there will still always be guilt and regret.
My Burt, who was dealing with stomach cancer, hated the vet SO much, that we said we would let him die at home, in peace and surrounded by our love. Having the vet come to our house when it got too bad. Well, they have always said the road to hell is paved with the best intentions.....On the day he woke us up with his crying at two in the morning, on the day of his death, at that moment there was a horrific semi-trailer crash loaded with cattle just outside of town, EVERY available vet was called to the scene. He died in pain and took a long time to do it, we were devastated and all we could do was hold him and offer comfort.......
No matter where you were, away or holding him close, your little one held and felt your love in his heart. He felt your comfort and concern and loved you for it. He is so thankful for the home and love you gave him over those years, and though now he follows another path, the bond of love you two shared can never be taken from you. His new path will ALWAYS parallel your own, he will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
Grief is an overwhelming, life-changing emotion. it will take over your life and make it a dark and sorrowful place. You will never get over this, you somehow build strength to learn how to get through it. You can build this strength through your pain. Embrace it to honor your love for that sweet boy, to be remembered and loved after death is a great honor. As time goes by, the fog of your pain will lift slowly, little by little. do not worry that this means you will forget the love, that is not possible. It is a permanent part of your soul. Any new loves in the future will reside right beside his, making it grow even stronger, even bigger. After all, he taught you what love is by giving you such a great gift, a cat's love.
He shared your life's journey for a while, but unfortunately their lifespan is not as great as ours, and age brings on accidents and diseases beyond our control. Try not to dwell on all those should haves, could haves, they bring nothing but pain. Instead concentrate on the life and the love you shared with him, and how he brightened your life. right now, do something good that will amke you feel better about yourself. For me, I went to my local shelter and paid for the adoption of the cat there the longest so it could find a chance at love too. It saves a life and brings something good to a world filled with hurt. I've done this every year since. And i do it in my little one's name......
At times like these, and after experiencing so much more death, I cling to the saying, "Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened",
My thoughts amd prayers are with you both. We are here anytime you need to talk. We are here to show you there IS a future after experinecing something like this, and we have all learned from it and live day by day, in the present, in the here and now. You can never change the past, but you can use it to set the path for today. Nobody is guaranteed a tomorrow, live each and every day as if it is your last, and love the same way. Please take care of yourself, you are NOT alone......RIP sweet boy. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I‘m so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to let go of someone you love so much. It just shows how attached you were. Maybe you can do something to honor that relationship. You could use your talents, hobbies or passions to celebrate his life. You will be in my thoughts. When my Simon passed, I didn’t get another cat for 6 years. I still think of him often, and I sometimes also wonder if I waited too long to let him go. He was thin and very talkative and probably trying to tell me he was in pain until he stopped eating and gave me “the look“ that I knew it was time. I am grateful that he told me in his way, but it was very hard to lose him. He was 18 years old and Siamese, my first cat as an adult. He will always be like my first “Son“.😢
I am sorry for your loss now I know how other people feel. I'm pretty much alone in this world, your words are really going to help. Thank you.

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

If you had known then, what you know now, you would have made a different choice. But you could not know that. Let it go. Know this, your cat lived, breathed and had his being wrapped in his love for you. Even at the end, even in pain, he knew he was loved. Even at the end, he knew you were with him...and that he was with you, and all was as it was meant to be, in his world. Now, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he blesses you for your love and your care of him, and he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to keep you company down through all of your days, until you meet again. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.
Thank you your words will help more than anyone will know. I would like you to know his name because he would have liked you. His name was Bushy. T . T is for Tail he had the most beautiful tail.

Tibbs&Olive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss. Our pets are such loved family members that losing them is horribly painful. From my own experience I can tell you that time will be your friend. The more time passes, the less sharp the pain will be.

❤❤❤

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss. Our pets are such loved family members that losing them is horribly painful. From my own experience I can tell you that time will be your friend. The more time passes, the less sharp the pain will be.

❤❤❤
Thank you your help words will help more than anyone will know. I would like to tell you his name because he would have liked you.. Bushy .T. T is for tail he had the most beautiful tail. 🙏 Thank you.

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are very few that have everything go perfectly in times like these, MANY have later regrets and the guilt that comes with it. NO ONE is perfect. In the 'perfect' scenarios, there will still always be guilt and regret.
My Burt, who was dealing with stomach cancer, hated the vet SO much, that we said we would let him die at home, in peace and surrounded by our love. Having the vet come to our house when it got too bad. Well, they have always said the road to hell is paved with the best intentions.....On the day he woke us up with his crying at two in the morning, on the day of his death, at that moment there was a horrific semi-trailer crash loaded with cattle just outside of town, EVERY available vet was called to the scene. He died in pain and took a long time to do it, we were devastated and all we could do was hold him and offer comfort.......
No matter where you were, away or holding him close, your little one held and felt your love in his heart. He felt your comfort and concern and loved you for it. He is so thankful for the home and love you gave him over those years, and though now he follows another path, the bond of love you two shared can never be taken from you. His new path will ALWAYS parallel your own, he will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
Grief is an overwhelming, life-changing emotion. it will take over your life and make it a dark and sorrowful place. You will never get over this, you somehow build strength to learn how to get through it. You can build this strength through your pain. Embrace it to honor your love for that sweet boy, to be remembered and loved after death is a great honor. As time goes by, the fog of your pain will lift slowly, little by little. do not worry that this means you will forget the love, that is not possible. It is a permanent part of your soul. Any new loves in the future will reside right beside his, making it grow even stronger, even bigger. After all, he taught you what love is by giving you such a great gift, a cat's love.
He shared your life's journey for a while, but unfortunately their lifespan is not as great as ours, and age brings on accidents and diseases beyond our control. Try not to dwell on all those should haves, could haves, they bring nothing but pain. Instead concentrate on the life and the love you shared with him, and how he brightened your life. right now, do something good that will amke you feel better about yourself. For me, I went to my local shelter and paid for the adoption of the cat there the longest so it could find a chance at love too. It saves a life and brings something good to a world filled with hurt. I've done this every year since. And i do it in my little one's name......
At times like these, and after experiencing so much more death, I cling to the saying, "Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened",
My thoughts amd prayers are with you both. We are here anytime you need to talk. We are here to show you there IS a future after experinecing something like this, and we have all learned from it and live day by day, in the present, in the here and now. You can never change the past, but you can use it to set the path for today. Nobody is guaranteed a tomorrow, live each and every day as if it is your last, and love the same way. Please take care of yourself, you are NOT alone......RIP sweet boy. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you, your words will help more than anyone knows. I would like you to know his name because he would have liked you. His name was Bushy .T . T is for tail his had the most beautiful fluffy tail. Thank you again this will help. 🙏

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, your words will help more than anyone knows. I would like you to know his name because he would have liked you. His name was Bushy .T . T is for tail he had the most beautiful fluffy tail. Thank you again this will help. 🙏

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please try not to feel guilty - we are all human and as they say hindsight is 20/20 - you would not have wanted him to suffer if you'd known, I do wish they could talk and clearly tell us when something hurts and how badly. It is not always easy and a clear-cut decision about what is the right thing to do. You loved him and you did your best and what you thought was right - we know that and more importantly he will have known that.

It is clear that you loved him, and I am so sorry for your loss, and that it was in circumstances that are making you feel even worse. It will take some time but eventually you will start to fondly remember the good times you shared instead of his final moments. Much love to you.
Thank you for your kindness it is helping. 🙏

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you your words are helping. 🙏

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only echo what everyone else has said - hindsight is 20/20 and we will always grieve the loss of our beloved pets. It can be devastating, and we so often end up second-guessing ourselves afterward. My Katie passed before I cou get her to the vet, too. She‘d been diagnosed with terminal cancer a couple of weeks earlier. I got a call to come home from work because she was pacing and crying. Took a while to get home (long trip by public transport) and when I arrived she was unconscious. My sister arrived (only one with a car) to take her to the vet to put her to sleep, but as I sat in the car with Katie on my lap, she gave one convulsive kick and was gone. I also wish I’d known this was the day, and had stayed home to spare her those last hours of pain. I can only think now that she went in her own time (which isn’t much comfort, it’s not like she would have chosen that) and is Home, where there is no pain or distress.

We are much of an age, and you have all my sympathy.

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can only echo what everyone else has said - hindsight is 20/20 and we will always grieve the loss of our beloved pets. It can be devastating, and we so often end up second-guessing ourselves afterward. My Katie passed before I cou get her to the vet, too. She‘d been diagnosed with terminal cancer a couple of weeks earlier. I got a call to come home from work because she was pacing and crying. Took a while to get home (long trip by public transport) and when I arrived she was unconscious. My sister arrived (only one with a car) to take her to the vet to put her to sleep, but as I sat in the car with Katie on my lap, she gave one convulsive kick and was gone. I also wish I’d known this was the day, and had stayed home to spare her those last hours of pain. I can only think now that she went in her own time (which isn’t much comfort, it’s not like she would have chosen that) and is Home, where there is no pain or distress.

We are much of an age, and you have all my sympathy.
Catlover : hoping I'm doing this right I do not know if my reply is get back to you if it is. Thank you for your words they are helping.Now I know how you must have felt I am so sorry for your loss. Catlover I pray there is a heaven I really do. 🙏

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robert Lee - yes, I saw your reply. Replies come up in notifications (the bell symbol at top left of the page). Thank you. It was a long time ago for Katie, 2009, the pain has healed - I’ve had three cats since her (two current and my Maddie who passed away nearly two years ago). Your pain is new and raw, and I’m so sorry for what you’re going through with Bushy T’s passing.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you your words will help more than anyone will know. I would like you to know his name because he would have liked you. His name was Bushy. T . T is for Tail he had the most beautiful tail.
Hello, Bushy T! I know I would have liked him. This is another Truth I know...where ever in That Place Where All Things Are Known cats live, my father will be also. I will ask him to keep a lookout for your boy, and keep him company until, in the fullness of time, you meet again. I think there are a good many TCS cats hanging with Dad, who is thrilled.

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, Bushy T! I know I would have liked him. This is another Truth I know...where ever in That Place Where All Things Are Known cats live, my father will be also. I will ask him to keep a lookout for your boy, and keep him company until, in the fullness of time, you meet again. I think there are a good many TCS cats hanging with Dad, who is thrilled.
Bushy will be there right on your Fathers lap looking for a snack. Thank you so much. 💓

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you your words are helping. Bushy .T. was his name T is for tail he had the most beautiful fluffy tail. He would have liked you.

Catlover1955

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Robert Lee, I feel the same way about my Sheba. She died last Sat.
If I had taken her to the vet sooner, and to a different vet, then I think she'd still be with me. Coulda shoulda, woulda. We can beat ourselves up pretty badly in hindsight. But don't blame yourself, even though it's very painful things happen for a reason. Just know that you gave your fur baby a loving life and I'm sure he she was thankful to have you as their pet parent. Just remember all the good times that you had. That's what I try to do and I look at all the pictures and the videos that I took of Sheba. She was the love of my life and she knows that. God wanted her, he knew that I did the best I could for her and you have to realize that as well. You know when you're ready get another cat I'm 66 and I still plan on getting another cat. Not right away but I will eventually. God bless you!