Wound on my cat’s neck

Natuska

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help! My cat suddenly got this wound on her neck and I don’t know what it is. She was in the room with her kittens and came out few hours later with the wound. She is scratching it from time to time but otherwise she is in a good mood. Has anyone’s cat had a similar wound before?

Attachments

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has she changed foods lately? I recently had a foster who had a wound in that same location - it was due to food allergy. We never really saw her licking/scratching it, but every day it would get worse - until we switched her food.

casportpony

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you applied a flea "spot-on" treatment there recently? Or has she had a subcutaneous injection there in the past few weeks?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natuska

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has she changed foods lately? I recently had a foster who had a wound in that same location - it was due to food allergy. We never really saw her licking/scratching it, but every day it would get worse - until we switched her food.
Thanks. No she hasn't had a major food change lately, nothing new. She hasn't had any food allergies in the past either. What is different is we bought another cat who joined us 2 days prior to this issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natuska

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you applied a flea "spot-on" treatment there recently? Or has she had a subcutaneous injection there in the past few weeks?
No, I haven't used a flea treatment for a while and she hasn't had any injections there recently. What is different is we bought another cat who joined us 2 days prior to this issue.