would you call this strange behavior?

livy90

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Errmm... my kitten likes to try and "cover" his food every time he sees it, goes up to it smells it and if he doesnt eat it, he will attempt to cover it by scratching the floor with his paw facing the opposite direction facing his dish bowl with his bottom.. 
Even when he finishes eating he does it. Odd he only started this just not long ago.. Like it wasnt always like that when he came here. Just recently. Could it mean that he is trying to "save" it for later or being protective of his food? trying to hide it so that no other animal can get to it lol? though there is no other cats or animals in the house. 

Oh and also does anyone else have there kitten looking up at you meowing and hugging your leg whenever your doing the dishes?

maxkitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had no idea what this thread was about but I took a chance. ;) Ye might get more replies if ye clarify what the thread is about in the title (if ye can still edit it). :)

My cat does this too. Had to look it up at first but it appears this is normal for cats who might be used to saving their food for later. 

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of my cats have done and continue to to this.  Something about their ancestors doing it to save their kill.....?  Mine also look up at me when I am working....play with me mom is what they want I think!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Cleo does this all the time as well, taught be her mother who was a pregnant stray who showed up on our doorstep 8 years ago.