Would this food be complete for a cat?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are the ingredients: Whole ground rabbit; rabbit liver; rabbit blood; herring oil; d-alpha tocopherol (vitamin E I believe]
I think it would be complete, it seems extra liver was added, I was looking for a secreting organ like kidney than I read "whole" ground rabbit.
I do think one should feed more than one protein, but there are extenuating circumstances as, for example, if your cat is allergic to other proteins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's allergic to chicken and with the IBD is supposed to eat a novel protein. She did very well on the NV rabbit, but is not doing so well on the NV beef. I read the ingredients, which is why I'm thinking of switching. There's fewer ingredients in this than the Nature's Variety, no added veggies and things. I was just wondering if I would need to add taurine or anything else.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would add taurine since it's very difficult to over do it.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
None of those would be appropriate for a cat with IBD. I was meaning vitamin supplements, I'm not looking to supplement with a different food.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's been on the new food for a day and a half and the diarrhea has already cleared up again. She loves it!

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bear was doing very well on the new food until yesterday. Liquid diarrhea, yuck! She got into some food that she wasn't supposed too and I was also giving her a rosehip supplement that I ran out of. I can't get any more until tomorrow when the herbal store is open, so I should have time to see if it was just the other food or if she needs the anti-inflammatory.