would this be considered "innapropriate elimination"?

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I haven't been watching Lily's "output" as closely the last few days, because I'm FINALLY working again! My Mom told me that when she was walking around outside, she found a pile of sand and leaves, and was curious to what it was. It was A BIG poop. And it had to be Lily, since Zoe (even though Zoe poops outside) because it was a huge log. Should I worry that it was outside? Or just be happy that Lily got a really good poop? I mean, I've seen her do it once, when we were on that walk a few weeks ago in the woods, but most of the time its in her litter box, so it was kinda weird that it was outside. It was still covered, she made a point to cover it, maybe the sand seemed like a really nice place to go, and there were plenty of leaves to cover it. or would this fall into some type of litter box avoidance, kinda need to worry type of thing?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If your cat potties outside, anywhere that they can dig a slight impression would be a good spot. Cats outside potty habits are varied places to scatter their scent and buried to conceal it. They rarely have just one potty spot outside. Unless you actually saw her go there it could be another cat or any other carnivore predator in your area so I wouldn't read too much into it.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
or would this fall into some type of litter box avoidance, kinda need to worry type of thing?
I don't think so at all, no. That's just like using another "litter box". They are programmed to pee and poop on places like soil anyway. My Hima goes outside for her bowel movements but she did do that on the plant container couple of times seemingly just because she happened to be there when she felt like pooping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! I just over thought it, since you know Lily has been having constipation issues. Instead of worrying, I'll just take this as YAYE she finally got a big one.