Would love to read what you guys think of my fluffy friends!

hala beirouty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So ever since I've posted about my first cat, I just felt like posting about my other cats that me and my sisters have raised before, promise I'm posting lots of cute pictures for you to look at 
This here is Smokey; he came to us one day sitting at our front door - literally! We just had to take him in, but we eventually gave him away to a new home after he had been checked out by a vet. We weren't sure if he was an actual breed or just a DSH, but he either way he was too gorgeous to be left out all alone.

Now this guy is our main man Pearly, my sister got him from a breeder and we were told that he was a dollface Persian.

And this is our beautiful Lily, we got her from the same breeder and once again we were told that she was a Himalayan.

And these two pretty boys are one of 4 kittens that Lily had when she got pregnant after we kept her with a vet for sometime due to us being out of town. I'm not sure how or why the vet would allow that but what's happened has happened. I'm not sure what breed the father was, and none of the kittens got any of her coloring pattern such as the colorpoint or blue eyes, but they were absolutely beautiful babies. 

And last but not least, just a cute bonus photo for the time being of Pearly and Lily posing with a turtle family :D

I'm sorry for the extra long post but I'm a huge cat lover and as you can see so is my entire family haha, I'd love to read what you guys would describe them as. And just to add, all our cats have now been spayed and neutered, so no more worries of sudden pregnancies!

Last edited:

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful,  how do you manage with all those moggies?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hala beirouty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've left the job to my mother and sisters haha, they manage. I now moved out of town for college, but I got myself a new kitty to keep me company - I just can't live without cats in my life 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that everybody except Smokey probably is Persian to some extent. They're not breed-standard Persians, but the standard has a very flat face that many people don't really like the look of; so many breeders are still breeding "dollface" or "traditional" Persians for sale as pets. (I personally think the doll-face persians should have a category of their own at cat shows. They have a beautiful look and it would be a shame to lose that.)

Smokey... ehh, he's a cat! Breed, who knows? But gorgeous blue DSH, still. Is his fur as soft as it looks?

hala beirouty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah you're correct, all of our cats [except Smokey obviously] have persian in them, we're huge dollface persian lovers :D and I agree completely, they are one of the most beautiful looking cats, and definitely would be a shame if their looks are not bred properly anymore; they are the true and traditional appearance of what Persians looked like years before humans started to selectively breed them to what the breed-standard Persian has become today, and I personally don't agree with people who would call a doll-faced Persian NOT a Persian simply because it doesn't have the extreme flat face and breed-standard look. But to each his own, I love all cats the same :D

Smokey was definitely a cutie, he was indeed as soft as he looked. At first sight, I thought he he may have been some sort of Russian Blue mix cause of his solid blue color, but who knows :)

ALL cats are beautiful and adorable in their own way! :D

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What pretty cats!!! Lilly looks alot like a Silver Shaded Chinchilla Persian..She has the dark mascara around her eyes like they do.. I have two of them and 4 siamese

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meant to also say click on my profile pic to enlarge my two Silver Shaded Chinchilla Persians ..They have the flat faces.....

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What pretty cats!!! Lilly looks alot like a Silver Shaded Chinchilla Persian..She has the dark mascara around her eyes like they do.. I have two of them and 4 siamese

Chincillas are tipped, not shaded.  In the UK Shaded are a distinct breed - they have more colour on the hair shaft.

Both Chincillas and Shadeds are also an agouti (tabby) cat hence the eyeliner which is part of being a tabby cat - google for images of them and you will see what I mean.

http://www.messybeast.com/chinchillas.htm

http://alchemistpersians.com/Genetics.html

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes probably all Persians and Persian mixes, and Smokey a VERY handsome Blue Domestic Shorthair. Oreo is a Blue and White Bicolor and certainly looks like a significant amount of Persian in him. &nbsp
Pearly looks something like my aunt's Cream Persian from the 1950s, back before the flat face thing happened and became popular in the show ring and the standard was changed to favor the more extreme look. There are a lot of breeders who breed the "dollface" type, so if papers say he's a Persian i would believe it , he certainly may be a Persian, but just not bred to the standard.
&nbsp
Lily is either a Blue Lynx Point or Blue Silver Lynx Point ... ( Well, it's lynx point in CFA; most associatons call it Tabby Point) & similarly to the situation with Pearly , she probably is a "Himalayan" Persian just not bred to current standard. ( Himalayan = a pointed Persian. TICA classifies Himalayan as its own breed, within the Persian Breed Group. CFA classifies it as a division within Persians)
&nbsp
Lily's 2 kittens would be Black Silver Tabby Persian mixes. ( If she's a pedigree Himi, that's just a kind of Persian anyway. and if she had kittens with a Persian they would be Persian ( but noted on their registation as Colorpoint Carriers) so I normally would just call the kittens with an unknown sire Persian mixes if they are not pointed. That means either the father must be a silver or smoke. or else Lily herself is really Blue Silver Lynx Point.

( I can't believe the people at the vet clinic were so irresponsible! At least now you dont have to worry about that.)
&nbsp
I too would like to see the older type of Persian recognized by a major cat association , and have their own standard. But for that to happen, the breeders and fanciers of that type would have to put in the effort to make it happen, like some old style Siamese breeders did with getting them recognized as the Thai in TICA. That took a lot of time, expense , work and international cooperation . Unfortunately I haven't seen that happen with the traditional Persian. It could be interesting if they might be able to work together with some breeders in middle eastern countries who have "Shirazi" cats and maybe work out some definition and standard on that basis as a sort of original native longhair cat of the region and try to get recognition. Well it would be nice to see .

hala beirouty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I too would like to see the older type of Persian recognized by a major cat association , and have their own standard. But for that to happen, the breeders and fanciers of that type would have to put in the effort to make it happen, like some old style Siamese breeders did with getting them recognized as the Thai in TICA. That took a lot of time, expense , work and international cooperation . Unfortunately I haven't seen that happen with the traditional Persian. It could be interesting if they might be able to work together with some breeders in middle eastern countries who have "Shirazi" cats and maybe work out some definition and standard on that basis as a sort of original native longhair cat of the region and try to get recognition. Well it would be nice to see .
Thanks for the response, loved reading your thoughts! 

I'm actually Middle Eastern, from Jordan, and I agree that they should try to work out some agreement with Shirazi breeders. These cats are the true Persians, and it would be lovely to see them brought back into cat associations as their own breed, and like you said, with the native and original appearance. Who knows, they may do that sometime in the future