Would Love Opinions On This Litte (big) Guy

KrisM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wish they had DNA tests for cats like they do for dogs!

My kitten is 8 months old. He was the only one in his litter with long hair and solid white. All his litter mates we standard tabbys' just like the Mom. His large dark patches were solid black when i adopted him, (really young- only 5 weeks, came from a bad place) but as he has grown that tabby pattern seems to be showing really distinctly.

He weighs about 9 pounds at 8 months.
His tail is 12 inches
paler yellow eyes, and his pupils round.. which is weird. when its really dark they get that cat eye look slightly, but most of the time there super round looking

Chirps constantly , BIG talker. we have full conversations. Never purrs, except for when he is on 1 specific comforter that is on my bed, in the morning he jumps up, starts kneeding, purring and drooling a suprising amount. then he gets bored i guess and takes off.

He is very social,playful, no fear, curiuos with people/cats/dogs but not really affectionate. only rubs on my leg when i get home cause he knows its dinner time :) i know that trait can just be a teenage kitten thing ...

Interested to read peoples opinions!!
IMG_1423 (4).jpg
IMG_1426.jpg
IMG_1084.JPG
908.JPG

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There ate mowadays dna tests for cats. I think he is somewhat look alike of a norwegian forest cat. The ancestry cant be near but he got that gene combo which was to get...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KrisM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree, he is a nice lookalike to a Norwegian Forest Cat, with his thick fur and triangular head. They do have DNA tests for cats, if you’re interested.
Cat DNA Test Kit | Find about your pet's genetics | Basepaws
There ate mowadays dna tests for cats. I think he is somewhat look alike of a norwegian forest cat. The ancestry cant be near but he got that gene combo which was to get...
Thank you ! i just googled norwegian forest cat and they have alot of similar traits! He totally looks like them! its amazing that he was the only fluff ball coming from a Tabby mom, and a little a short hair a Tabbys they were all pretty identical and then him, sticking out like a sore thumb. So interesting how that happens with kittens.