Would Like Some Ragdoll Info

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, just to close this thread out completely, as of today, we are bringing home a wonderful Justa!

Yes, we finally found a friend for Casper, a lovely, long haired tortoiseshell Justa named Elmora.  She's somewhere between 3-5 years old, a bit shy but once she realizes you mean no harm, she is completely mush in your lap, purring away, loving being petted.

Anyway - I wanted to thank everyone who was so very helpful to me.  I think we eventually did wind up with the right cat.  Not a Ragdoll - but a perfect, beautiful paperless, Justa :D  I'll be posting a current photo in the New Cats on the Block thread when we get her home - this one makes her look kind of annoyed lol.

Last edited:

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like she's saying, "Hey! Stop taking pictures of me and bail me outta jail!"

Which you did. :) She is a pretty one. Looking forward to photos of her in more relaxed surroundings.

It seems like the original Ragdoll you were looking at is going to get a better deal out of the whole situation, too. Perhaps the breeder can be notified and be able to find her that quiet forever home she seems to need so much. At the very least, the rescue seems to be cognizant of her needs, and her potential to be a good pet for someone.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, they did eventually contact the breeder.  I'm not sure how that is playing out, but I feel good that it was done.  

Going to pick up our lovely girl right now!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your beautiful Justa, so glad you found the right fit for your home. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here she is, home.  She's been rather timid, but once in our arms, a purring love machine.

Almost couldn't get any more relaxed 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at that paw. She's totally saying, "Mine now!"

How about Mocha?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's one we through out there.

I was also thinking Ghirardelli, and calling her Gia

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gia is cute.

How about Godiva?
Heard about Lady Godiva? 

"Godiva (Old English: Godgifu, "god gift"), often referred to as Lady Godiva, was an 11th-century Anglo-Saxon noblewoman who, according to a legend dating back at least to the 13th century, rode naked through the streets of Coventry in order to gain a remission of the oppressive taxation imposed by her husband on his tenants. The name "Peeping Tom" for a voyeur originates from later versions of this legend in which a man named Tom had watched her ride and was struck blind or dead."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Godiva

stealthkitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL, yes of course! But it's just a legend, and I thought it would be a cute name for a cat since they want to go with a chocolate theme. Besides, what kitty wouldn't want to have a title like Lady?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she isn't wearing clothes in any of her photos, so it might be appropriate.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh believe me, Lady Godiva crossed my mind far too many times :D

Then, this morning, we took to calling her Tootsie Roll for a while.  But then I kept imagining Dustin Hoffman in a dress :p

She's still not letting on what her name really is lol.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Her name is Elmora. I'm pretty sure I wrote it earlier, but the thread is getting large now so maybe it's buried at the top.

We don't like it at all.  They were calling her Mora, which is not any better.  Elmora, is the name of the street she was found on.  The thing is the town she was rescued from is not very good.  So, naming her after a street there, just doesn't do her justice.  

Funny thing is, I have a name I use online which is close to that name - Elora.  But, my BF says there is only one Elora.  So, I said what about Elle (pronouncing it "El").  Or "Lora" but all of those really are just variations of my name, so we nixed them all.  

It will come.  Casper came to us with his name, which suited him but he's told us all of his other names since he's been here.  I trust, she will too.  She's just a less talkative than he is :D

stealthkitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... I see what you mean. Elmora just doesn't seem like a good name for a cat. Do you mind if we continue to give you suggestions?