Would another cat create more balance or not?

bayareakitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two lovely one year old females I adopted separately but only a month or so apart.  The first one is a tad high strung so I thought it was wise to adopt another high energy cat as a companion as a shyer cat may get overwhelmed.  So I adopted my second cat who is extremely playful.  So for the most part mission accomplished, they do play and chase each other around the apt.  But lately I note that the second cat is just so constantly playful that the first cat is getting more and more angry and there is more hissing, and swatting.  Last night I let her just stay in my bedroom with me to take a break.  But I am wondering if I maybe another cat might balance things more.  I have a large place and the time for another cat.  But I also wonder if this is how hoarders get started!  But I keep thinking if I had a male kitten perhaps the second cat would play with him and leave my first cat alone here and there.  And male so no more territorial female stuff.   Do you have thoughts?  I also do feel after time things will work out, but wondering what you think?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like 3 for that reason.  I have 2 boys and 1 female, and usually it's the 2 boys careening through my house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bayareakitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
when you added the third was it a kitten?  Or older

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got all 3 at the same time.  Gadget was 1 year old, the other 2 were 8 months.  Maybe look for one close to their age?