Would a trimming pet shaver work better?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I groom my mom’s cats every weekend. I brush them & trim nails when needed. Cami is a fluffy brat! Anyhow she gets bird & mays. So I cut her armpit hair short to avoid mats forming there. I also cut her fur short around her but, on the underside of her tail (right by her but) & the backside If her back legs (again by her but.) It prevents poop nuggets getting stuck in her fur.

so she carries on like I’m trying to kill her when I groom her. Is there a special scissor I can use to make it eassier? I have been looking at a detailing pet grooming shaver (the small kind and the ones that run quiet.) Would a finicky cat prefer that kind of shaver or a pair of grooming scissors?

⭐The fur on her tail is really long.

⭐She nips at you when you brush her belly and I have taken to wrapping her in a towel & draping a towel over her face when I clip her nails (she likes to bite and scratch with all 4 paws!) For the record she has been a nipper since she was a kitten and though she nips less she still will nip She is calmer when my mom does it BUT my mom doesn’t groom them enough so I do what I can.

Some help would be appreciated!

The little princess/grooming brat:
68E639DD-2984-49F9-925A-C0079680CB2A.jpeg 1C7992E6-8E43-4AB4-B0AA-5273FF6F220C.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Bless your heart for helping out!

You could try clippers and see how she reacts. My Poppycat didn't mind the sound/feel but he was used to clippers from when his old vet used to trim him. I found that I went back to the scissors, but that's just me-I didn't feel like I was very good at using the clippers.

Mainly, somewhat blunt-end and as sharp as you can buy scissors seem to work best, and hopefully time will help her to become more used to it. That's what happened with my boy :)

Last edited: