Worried-cat sneezing

debbiedis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi-

My one cat has started sneezing on and off about 4 days ago. He's around 3 years old maybe and in good health. There's no discharge from his nose or eyes. He may be swallowing more often but I'm not sure if it's real or in my head from staring at him so much. He's eating, drinking, and using the litter. He is laying around a little more than normal, I think.

I don't wanna rush off to vet if it will resolve on its on.

Another thing, about 2 weeks ago, my other cat went to the vet overnight for a dental cleaning and a few extractions. The day after he came home, he was sneezing for a few days.

Do you think this is something to be worried about?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If it's just sneezing and nothing else, no congestion, no change in eating, etc., then I probably wouldn't worry. 

If your other cat sneezed for a few days after returning from the Vet's office, then got over it, he may have passed whatever it was to this cat.  Was the cat that had the dental on antibiotics?  I supposed, if he were, then that may have helped him get over it and if that's the case, you could always give your Vet a call and ask if there was a cat in their office at the time your cat was there for his dental that had an upper respiratory infection of some sort.  If so, then ask if it could have been passed from that cat to your cat, to your other cat, and if so, if this now cat needs an antibiotic.