Worried About Newborns..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Herekittykitty27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just realized how long it’s been since an update!

Goodness where do I start!

Luna’s kitten is still in great health, Luna as well. Uno is only home on the weekends, as Donna cares for him during the week so I can attend school. I was gone last weekend so when I got him this weekend, my jaw absolutely dropped. :eek3:

He is an entirely different cat. He’s no longer taking antibiotics, and he’s on full throttle kitten mode. As soon as you whisper, “Uno” near his box, his head pops out of the top. After his meals I try to play with him on the floor. He’ll follow me around all over the place, and definitely knows his name. “Uno!” And he comes running.:catrub: Very very cute.

He finally got hair on his belly and tail as well, which is awesome. I’m still syringe feeding, but he’s suckling so strong that he basically pulls the syringe on his own. I may invest in a bottle this weekend.

Five weeks old, a little behind, but starting to be normal. The new question isn’t how to keep him alive, it’s how to teach him to be a cat:catman:

One more lil thing, sorry about the bad pictures. Hes constantly on the move:lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... look at that darling kitten. He looks great !!!! :catlove:

Herekittykitty27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I suppose I should type up another update.. Uno is already one of the cats I’ve ever been super connected to. This weekend he’s pretty much completely been transitioned to kibble (not canned food!!) and water. I’m so proud of him and myself for going through this. I think it was definitely a kick start to my career as a veterinarian. Anyways, he’s still figuring out how to be a cat, but is getting it down pretty well. Uno WILL be neutered. And here is a few pictures..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the update. He looks wonderful. Your experience with Uno, will definitely come in handy when you're a veterinarian and someone needs help with orphaned kittens.

Herekittykitty27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a few more update pictures of the best kitty everrr:) I swear he’s insane.. he’s like a dog, meowing when a car pulls in. He loves car rides so much that we have let him just sit in my lap. He’s pretty smart, too. He’s learned No, sit (kind of), and we’re working with a target:) He’s not scared of anything, which scares me, since he’s an outdoor cat.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Does Uno retrieve a balled up piece of paper? My friend's cat Charlie does this. It's adorable - he's very much a doggie cat.

Herekittykitty27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can he become an indoor cat instead? It would be much safer, especially at night.
Nope, we don’t keep indoor cats. But I can assure you that Uno is very much safe. Our barn is shut up at night just like a house would be. He is taken care of just as well as any indoor cat, I promise.

I do understand the concern, some outdoor cats aren’t very well cared for.

Herekittykitty27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does Uno retrieve a balled up piece of paper? My friend's cat Charlie does this. It's adorable - he's very much a doggie cat.
Haha, no, but he will take it and run:lol:
Our other cats will take their time to come when you call them, Uno comes sprinting.:lol2: