Worried About Newborns..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Herekittykitty27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The introduction went pretty smooth. She’s definitely trying- she licking him all over like his own mother. I’ve tried to guide him to a nipple but it’s like he doesn’t understand. Picture isn’t working.. what should I do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Continue syringe feeding as well as letting him spend time with the mom under your supervision. He may catch on eventually. Don’t miss any feedings though.

Herekittykitty27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok. That’s what I was planning on doing. I think it will turn out, it’s just Uno who has to figure it out. But as far as me taking care of him, he hasn’t pooped in 24 hours now. For thirty minutes now I’ve been trying. I also put some olive oil in his formula. No. Prevail.

He’s been peeing great (he’s got a little spray going, lol) and his eyes are completely open.

Oh, and Happy Easter!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens don’t have to poop every single day. Don’t make him sore trying too long at a time.

How’s his weight? Still gaining?

Happy Easter to you too! :)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer:Happy Easter everyone:bunny: H Herekittykitty27 I just read your story and wanted to say that you are such a dear sweet girl to have cared so well for Uno and poor little #2.:alright::rbheart: :grouphug: I am so very glad you found TCS with it's oh so helpful and caring members :hearthrob::grouphug2::redheartpump: I'm so sorry for your loss of the other kittens.:hugs::rbheart: Thank goodness your mama kittys are both well and I hope the newest mama will accept Uno and take care of both kittens.:crossfingers: Does little blackie have a name yet?:dancingblackcat:
Sending lots of best wishes your way:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::goodluck::cheerleader::heartshape:
Keep us updated and photos when you can.:touched::wave2:

Herekittykitty27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww, thank you so much! Blackie doesn’t have a name, I don’t want to disturb Luna too much so I haven’t bothered to sex the kitty;)

Uno still hasn’t figured it out, but he’s still eating fine and remaining healthy. Lima is so sweet, I can tell she really lives little uno, it’s all up to him at this point. Every day I’ve been letting him spend some time with her. (Luna has been helping me by cleaning him up and getting him to poop, something he doesn’t do very well with me)

I did have a quick question, Uno’s eyes have been open for about five days now. They are pitch black and cloudy. I’m not sure if this is normal, usually the eyes are blue right away..? I hope all is well. I’ll get a picture up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you sure his eyes are not dark blue?

You need to have a vet take a look at his eyes. Can you do that?

Herekittykitty27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Updates!

Donna said his eyes are fine, and they seemed to clear up a bit as well. He has been put on some antibiotics though, as she was worried about his lack of hair. He’s the size he should be but still looks like a newborn. One more bit of bad news is he got a small abscess on his bum but we’re keeping it clean and he’s fine.

It’s so cool watching Uno grow, this morning I was feeding him in front of a window and he perked his ears up at the sunlight and it was so cute. He’s also starting to react to sounds. If I click my tongue his ears perk. The cute is hard to handle:heartshape:

Luna’s baby is a girl! I named her Tucker after a cat we used to have who passed away a few years ago. ( she looks just like him) Luna must have tons of free time since she only has one kitten, because little Tucker is squeaky clean!