Worried About My Cat

ma1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For a day and a half now, my cat has been acting strange. The first sign was him sleeping a lot more than usual (he was sleeping for 10 hours straight at one point). When he was awake, he would hide under the table, when he usually sticks around under our feet, plays, and meows (which he does a lot). We fed him his food, which he unusually stared at, then ate. The following day, I found vomit. It was the same color as his food. I took it easy that day and gave him a small piece of his food which he ate. Yesterday morning, he vomited again. After this it was crucial to take him to the vet. The vet said it was good that we arrived early. She did a checkup on him and said that he seems normal, but did some bloodtests, a fluid shot to keep him hydrated, and an anti-vomiting shot that lasts for a day. She'll tell us the results later today, but I can't help but feel worried. She gave us two cans of easily digestible food, which my cat ate. He also didn't poop for the day and half he was feeling off, so immediately after eating, he did so. However this morning, my mother gave him some food from his favorite brand. I checked an hour later, it was still the same. He is currently sleeping on the couch, which is new, since he always huddled under the table. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not. Yesterday he was recovering and showing progress (he played, meowed, followed for food, walked around), but the fact that he didn't eat this morning makes me worried. Just a few minutes ago, he woke up from the sound of me shaking his treat bin. Usually he runs like crazy or tries to fetch some for himself. I gave him one and he ate it, but for another, he just sniffed it and slumped back, then slept again. He purrs when I pet him, so he seems fine, but that added to my fear once again. Am I expecting progress way too soon? Or what? I find it strange that he showed recovery yesterday, then showing this for today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ma1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: My mother noticed that he didn't eat the second share of the vet's food last night, so she switched it to his usual food and he still didn't eat it to this morning. I just gave him some dry cat food, and he ate it. Even purred when I pet him

Last edited:

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You won't know what you are dealing with until you get a diagnosis from the vet, then take it from there. Don't let the end of the business day go by without having contact from your vet. I would go ahead now and call him/her for the diagnosis, then ask him/her how to treat.