Worried About How My Cat Will React When We Move I'm

Gizmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like I mentioned in my last thread, we are moving into a new apartment soon (in two months, around september 30th) and I'm really worried about how Gizmo will react. I've done my research and plan on getting a Feliway plugin for the my bathroom at the new apartment and will keep him and some of his beds blankets and small cat tree in the bathroom while we're moving all of our belongings in. If anyone has anymore tips please let me know!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gizmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like I mentioned in my last thread, we are moving into a new apartment soon (in two months, around september 30th) and I'm really worried about how Gizmo will react. I've done my research and plan on getting a Feliway plugin for the my bathroom at the new apartment and will keep him and some of his beds blankets and small cat tree in the bathroom while we're moving all of our belongings in. If anyone has anymore tips please let me know!
Whoops, typo. Meant to say "move in" not move I'm.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have moved several times with my cats and have not had any problems. Yes they were a little unsettled for a day or so but then fine. I let them wander through the new home at their own pace. You will be taking familiar smells with you in your clothes and furniture and that will help. I left some of my clothes that I had worn in each rooms and that seemed to help. Try to leave familiar things in places so everything won't be strange to them and keep reassuring them.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because of flea maintenance I put blankets down over chairs and baby blankets over their beds. (I bought those cheap fleece throws.) In the last year we had to tent the house for termites. I placed all their bedding/blankets in a garbage bag outside. Anyhow my nervous nelly cat was unsettled until I opened that bag and spread the blankets around. He relaxed instantly. My advice buy some blankets/towels, spread them around in his favorite spots. Then pack them with his smell on it so his new place smells like home :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gizmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have moved several times with my cats and have not had any problems. Yes they were a little unsettled for a day or so but then fine. I let them wander through the new home at their own pace. You will be taking familiar smells with you in your clothes and furniture and that will help. I left some of my clothes that I had worn in each rooms and that seemed to help. Try to leave familiar things in places so everything won't be strange to them and keep reassuring them.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Because of flea maintenance I put blankets down over chairs and baby blankets over their beds. (I bought those cheap fleece throws.) In the last year we had to tent the house for termites. I placed all their bedding/blankets in a garbage bag outside. Anyhow my nervous nelly cat was unsettled until I opened that bag and spread the blankets around. He relaxed instantly. My advice buy some blankets/towels, spread them around in his favorite spots. Then pack them with his smell on it so his new place smells like home :)
Thank you! I'll be sure to try those.