WORMS please help

SleepAllDay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I am freaking out, I have just found worms in my kitten’s poo. I think roundworm as they looked like pieces of spaghetti. About 2cm and just about alive - I saw one move.
She was treated for worms almost two weeks ago! What is going on?
Have I got to scrub my house? I really cannot cope with that right now!!

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The dead and dying roundworms pass into the stool after administration of deworming medication such as pyrantel (Nemex®, Strongid®) or fenbendazole (Panacur®). This treatment will not kill the immature forms of the worm or the migrating larvae, so at least two or three treatments are needed, typically done at two to three-week intervals. Ideally, kittens are dewormed at each booster vaccine appointment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SleepAllDay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The dead and dying roundworms pass into the stool after administration of deworming medication such as pyrantel (Nemex®, Strongid®) or fenbendazole (Panacur®). This treatment will not kill the immature forms of the worm or the migrating larvae, so at least two or three treatments are needed, typically done at two to three-week intervals. Ideally, kittens are dewormed at each booster vaccine appointment.
[/QUOT

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SleepAllDay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you - how on earth could she have got them? The breeder said she was indoor cat only and we have not let her out either.
she was supposedly de wormed by the breeder. I did not expect this at all, I thought it was just a precaution!! Do I need to scrub my house and wash all soft furnishings? I could cry 😩

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's very common for kitties to need more than 1 round of deworming, too. You can reach out to the vet and see if you need to drop off a fecal sample to test to see if you need another round of dewormer.