worm???

bella f

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so Bella is about to be 12wks old and has recieved 2 deworming treatments from vet. just a few mins ago i picked up her up cuz i seen a flea and the next thing i know this white worm thing came out of her butt. it could almost be compared to rice. it went into a L shape and turned yellow after I ran her tail under water to get it off.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like tapeworm, was she given a broad spectrum wormer? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella f

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure which brand they use...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Prob best if you call the vet and ask what exactly they gave.  Ask also what they do recommend now.

One possiblility is, they did gave something all round, and you saw the flea and worm as they were dying - and thus moving extra much...  Going visible from their usual undercover.   Common enough!

although, it is also fully possible she got just anti round worm, or Revolution / Advantage Multi.

As the most common worm problem with kittens are round worms.

Kittens gets very often round worms from mom, if the mom wasnt dewormed properly and or dewormed and pure inside.

While tape worm comes primarily from prey like mices.  although they can come from fleas too...

So they are not in flealess kittens.

So the standard treatment for kittens is anti - round worms. Anti tape isnt not necessary unless you do see them or have good reason for suspecting they are there anyway..

Thus, if you see visible fleas, good to take the anti-tape too a little later.

klsylvester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Prob best if you call the vet and ask what exactly they gave.  Ask also what they do recommend now.
StefanZ is right, I'm sorry if I made you think to use it, but def ask your vet what they used, and maybe see if Advantage Multi is recommended for your cat at all. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella f

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LATE responce! thank you to all. we got her fixed and they gave her treatment for round worm and tape worm and havent seen one since!