World's Best, Yesterday's News, or sWheat?

mayabear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has asthma and I have tried a few types of litter. For the first time ever, after seeing several vets, a new vet said clay is not good in general and recommended I switch to corn-based or yesterday's news, something other than clay. I currently use Purina Tidy Cats Free & Clean and find it to be the least dusty. I used to use Dr. Elsey's Respiratory Relief but found it to be very dusty. Also read somewhere they changed the formula and it's terrible.

I knew there's other kinds of litter that help with asthma, but thought that a litter specifically designed for respiratory issues would be ok, but I guess not.

I used World's Best years ago but I found bugs and it was also very dusty. Dusty paw prints everywhere. Maybe it has changed over time?

I hated the Breeze system. Changing the pee pad was not for me. My cat certainly enjoyed playing with the pieces though. I'm still finding them :lol:

My concerns:
Yesterday's News - my cat likes to eat paper, will she want to eat this? Why kind of upkeep? I scoop 2x day or as needed (box is in the bathroom so it is always in sight and I can monitor it). How often does all of the litter need to be changed out and the box washed? I live in a small apartment so smell is also a concern.

I haven't found much on sWheat as far as real people reviews.

World's Best - has it changed or still dusty and prone to bugs?

Thank you in advance!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
You could try what I'm doing, where I'm mixing Littermaid's Walnut or their corncob litter with the tidycats free and clean. The Littermaid cuts the dust to nothing.