wont breed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think maybe my queen does because she really likes the male. They are good friends. Most of the time she won't put her rear up high enough for him but I guess if he keeps trying he finally does succeed. Maybe that's why it takes her so long to get pregnant.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard that some cats become too "buddy buddy" and won't breed. Any chance of keeping him out of sight of her and her out of sight of him and then see if they are more interested in breeding. Might trigger her to come in if she doesn't see him.

I've never heard of a cat getting pregnant when not in heat - unless she has "silent heats" and you don't know. They won't ovalate till bred - not like a dog/person who has a "monthly" cycle.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I've heard that some cats become too "buddy buddy" and won't breed. Any chance of keeping him out of sight of her and her out of sight of him and then see if they are more interested in breeding. Might trigger her to come in if she doesn't see him.

I've never heard of a cat getting pregnant when not in heat - unless she has "silent heats" and you don't know. They won't ovalate till bred - not like a dog/person who has a "monthly" cycle.
She could be a "silent heat" but she dosen't show any signs at all. It's wierd.
The last time they were out of sight of eachother for 4 months and it still took months for her to get prego. after I put them together.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck ... I am hoping they get together sooner rather than later... Ohh and I have learned loads from this thread

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I guess I must have misunderstood the term "induced ovulators" I thought because the act of breeding makes the cat ovulate then she wouldn't need to be in heat to get prego...but then again that's just another thing on my list of "I thought"-haha.
Yes your probably right she probably has silent heats, although she shows no signs whatsoever of being in heat. She's pretty much the same always.
The other cat (newer queen) I got a couple of months ago either has not gone into heat yet since I got her or she has silent heats too. She's had one litter already but before I got her.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those kind (with silent heats) are the sneakiest kind. My first breeding rex (she was about 14 months when I got her) was a silent breeder. I sent her back to the breeder I got her from for breeding. She called me up asking if she ever cried when in heat - I told her no and she also was one of those easy breeders too who enjoyed sex - she never once cried out at the end of the act. She would come back for more.

And she had large litters too - 4-6 kittens!

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Those kind (with silent heats) are the sneakiest kind. My first breeding rex (she was about 14 months when I got her) was a silent breeder. I sent her back to the breeder I got her from for breeding. She called me up asking if she ever cried when in heat - I told her no and she also was one of those easy breeders too who enjoyed sex - she never once cried out at the end of the act. She would come back for more.

And she had large litters too - 4-6 kittens!
How long did you have to leave her at the breeders? How could you tell she was in heat so you could send her? My girl dosen't even do so much as to put her rear in the air. I guess i'd be in trouble if I had to send her out for breeding as I wouldn't know when to send her.
Well, hopefully she's prego already maybe that's why my stud isn't interested!? Maybe they did sneak one in.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BTW-my girl never cries afterwards either. My male is the one that makes the big whiney fuss.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was there for about 6 weeks. She was in heat when I sent her (several states from me) and went out of heat, so the breeder kept her till she came back in.

That's the tricky part, if you send them out, they usually go out of heat and you have to wait till they are in again in a few weeks.