Wondering If My Cat Is Part 'wild'

Carly_codd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm wondering if my cat might be part "wild" because she certainly is a nut. I found her in the shed of a dumpster at my friend's sandwich shop, no clue how she got there. But she's about a year old now, 8 lbs. And extremely long. She's constantly darting around the house, loves to run up behind you and jump up your leg, she also loves being as high as possible (would climb up to the rafters in the barn), tries climbing up the door frames in the house, pounces on everything, stretched out I'd say she's about 24-30 inches long. She also loves riding around my shoulders! Adding pics for reference!
IMG_20180301_154328_837.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello! I'm jumping in with this same question if my cat might be part "wild" because she certainly is a nut. I found her in the shed of a dumpster at my friend's sandwich shop, no clue how she got there. But she's about a year old now, 8 lbs. And extremely long. She's constantly darting around the house, loves to run up behind you and jump up your leg, she also loves being as high as possible (would climb up to the rafters in the barn), tries climbing up the door frames in the house, pounces on everything, stretched out I'd say she's about 24-30 inches long. She also loves riding around my shoulders! Adding pics for reference! View attachment 221394
Can you give some background information about her? It would be helpful to have a good profile picture of her face, to see its shape more clearly, as well as one of each of her sides for fully seing her pattern.

Personality wise, would you consider her sociable and talkative? Does she make any sounds that seem uncommon or different from those of other cats you've met? What can you say about the texture of her hair? What color is the "leather" of her paws? Is the tip of her tail pointy or slightly rounded?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Carly_codd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you give some background information about her? It would be helpful to have a good profile picture of her face, to see its shape more clearly, as well as one of each of her sides for fully seing her pattern.

Personality wise, would you consider her sociable and talkative? Does she make any sounds that seem uncommon or different from those of other cats you've met? What can you say about the texture of her hair? What color is the "leather" of her paws? Is the tip of her tail pointy or slightly rounded?
Unfortunately she moves to much to get good shots of her like that. She's Very sociable, runs around meowing and making weird noises (we call them her alien noises) all day long! She has fine hair, superrrrr soft. A rounder tip to her tail, which is also a pretty long tail. And the leather on her paws is black. As far as background goes, she's from a dumpster, if I knew her background I wouldn't be asking questions.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately she moves to much to get good shots of her like that. She's Very sociable, runs around meowing and making weird noises (we call them her alien noises) all day long! She has fine hair, superrrrr soft. A rounder tip to her tail, which is also a pretty long tail. And the leather on her paws is black. As far as background goes, she's from a dumpster, if I knew her background I wouldn't be asking questions.
Yep, I was expecting those answers! Even the one about moving too much for taking decent pictures ;)This means, however, that you have to do some extra effort here. We are looking for assymetry in her pattern, can you see any difference in details in both sides?

And one more question: have you noticed any special shine/sparkles in her coat, maybe more noticeable under direct sunlight? Maybe something like this?

IMG_20180306_134136_311.JPG

Carly_codd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep, I was expecting those answers! Even the one about moving too much for taking decent pictures ;)This means, however, that you have to do some extra effort here. We are looking for assymetry in her pattern, can you see any difference in details in both sides?

And one more question: have you noticed any special shine/sparkles in her coat, maybe more noticeable under direct sunlight? Maybe something like this?

View attachment 221486
Her coat definitely shines like that! She has a beautiful brown/tan/golden blend. Black spots on her tan stomach, that merge into stripes on her legs and chest. Her back/sides are a mixture of stripes and smudged looking spots.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her coat definitely shines like that! She has a beautiful brown/tan/golden blend. Black spots on her tan stomach, that merge into stripes on her legs and chest. Her back/sides are a mixture of stripes and smudged looking spots.
Well, then, I think it isnnot crazy to say that she may have a grandparent among Bengal cats. Her pattern looks like a broken mackerel to me, but I think I could see some assimetry and the traita we have been discussing about are very bengal-like. Besides, her extra long canines are typical of this breed too.

If she hasn't learnt it yet, get ready, bengals are famous for learning how to open doors and switch the lighta on and off ;)

Carly_codd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, then, I think it isnnot crazy to say that she may have a grandparent among Bengal cats. Her pattern looks like a broken mackerel to me, but I think I could see some assimetry and the traita we have been discussing about are very bengal-like. Besides, her extra long canines are typical of this breed too.

If she hasn't learnt it yet, get ready, bengals are famous for learning how to open doors and switch the lighta on and off ;)
OH goodness! And I thought she was already a handful

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:

Yeah, I'd lean towards her having Bengal ancestry, too. They're known for all the things you describe. It would be worth your looking into the breed traits even if she were a straightforward DSH, as she shares so many similarities that I think it would be of use to you. This is a handy outline guide to Bengals.

Bengal Cat Breed Information, Pictures, Behavior and Care

She's stunningly beautiful. And sounds joyful company. I'm jealous!

Do you have a tall, complicated cat tree? And some groovy cat shelves? I bet she'd love a vertical aspect to her home...

d338974d70a501f106a247d9e7b4c4a4.jpg

And, a Da Bird toy, she'd fly high after one of those.

:bunnydance: