Wondering About His Eyes

MaliceAlexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is really the right place for this post, but I've always been taken aback by my cat's eyes. I've had him for 16 years in October and in all this time I've never met a cat with the same blue w/ sunburst eye colour. You see it in humans, but in cats? Does anyone else know of this eye colour in felines and if it's breed specific or something? He also has a hypermobile tail so he's already a bit of a genetic mystery.
20190513_012228.jpg
IMG_20190513_021347_085.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MaliceAlexx MaliceAlexx I would describe your cat as a blue tabby domestic longhair, and I would describe the eye color as green. They are an unusual shade, but I think it's just individual variation, not specific breed ancestry; there isn't any cat breed that is bred for eyes that color. Most cats are not any particular breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MaliceAlexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MaliceAlexx MaliceAlexx I would describe your cat as a blue tabby domestic longhair, and I would describe the eye color as green. They are an unusual shade, but I think it's just individual variation, not specific breed ancestry; there isn't any cat breed that is bred for eyes that color. Most cats are not any particular breed.
Thanks for the input! All I know is he's 100% beautiful haha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MaliceAlexx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A
My kitten is still pretty little and her eyes are probably still changing, but this is a picture I took tonight. The color looks a little similar
Awh, so cute! She does have some very beautiful eyes! It's always hard to tell what the final outcome will be with tiny kittens