Wondering about Halloween

thisishalloween

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll post more recent photos of her later but ive been wondering about my four month old kitten Halloween,she's the tiny thing in the picture. I rescued her from a guy i don't know so i don't know breed but she was definitely eight weeks when i got her on halloween.She's super affectionate and adores cuddling,likes to sleep on my chest. She's extremely quiet and only meows if she needs me to help her get unstuck from somewhere. Her eyes are an amber color, and she's gonna be spayed as soon as possible.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The breed is surely domestic.  She is in the calico pattern.  She is possibly diluted - ie creme and blue - what do you say?  Or sooner red and black?

She is possibly a tabby too - ie has tabby markings on the dark parts.  Her tail seems to have strips.

If so, I think she will be called for patched tabby.  but you can of course alaws say calico with tabby.

Nice she has an adult cat buddy at home.   :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thisishalloween

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG]http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/392123/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

heres more recent photos as promised, she has lines running from her eyes to the end of her face and ear tufts though getting a decent shot proved difficult. My husband thinks she may have some Siamese in her, however what puzzles me is she hasn't seemed to get any bigger since we got her.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Many females are petite, so this prob why she hasnt grown. I think she is diluted, but what to do with the darker spots I dont know.  Spotted tabby? or simply - black spots?

Anyways, the  exact description is important only for breeders, whom need to know exactly what genes she carries...   :)...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What is the color of her eyes, as you mentioned possibility of some siamese connection?

thisishalloween

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her eyes are amber, I wanted a frontal picture as they have a rather distinct almond shape I find really pretty, but I didn't want to force her and she didn't want to hold still. He thinks she's Siamese and Maine coon but we don't know for sure because we don't know the parents or the guy who originally owned her.

thisishalloween

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I figured i should explain why he thinks she's Maine Coon-Siamese. On one hand, she has lightish soft fluffy fur, has ear tufts and paw tufts, acts almost dog like. All very Maine Coon like traits. On the other, she's very small, has almond shaped eyes, VERY affectionate. a very good jumper, jumping straight up almost my height, which is five feet. slender and long for her size, with a tapered tail and has lines going from her eyes to the edge of her face which are very Siamese like traits.

thisishalloween

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

i managed to get some of her eyes. Please note, I'm merely gently raising her head, i know it looks like im holding her throat.

plus you can see some of her ear tufts in this one. She's all over me right now and i love it.

Last edited by a moderator: