Wondered what would happen if the cat fell in the pool . . .

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight it happened!  Eclipse was walking along the deep end on a leash and harness.  He always walks as close to edge as he can, as he was going around the corner something caught his eye.  He stepped onto thin air and in he went.  His head and shoulders didn't get wet.  I  pulled him up and out as soon as I saw what was happening.  He ran into the house, probably cold, wet and a little scared.  Didn't get a picture, was too busy drying him off and calming him down. And laughing, since he was ok.

Our other cat, Fluffy, doesn't recognize his smell.  She keeps approaching him and starting a fight while he is cleaning himself off.  I tried to rub one of the cat tree blankets on him to transfer the cat scent back to him but only managed to rub once or twice.  We put Eclipse up in a cat tower to finish his cleaning since Fluffy is not a fan of heights.  Any idea how long it will be before he smells like himself?  They both sleep in my room.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So if anyone is wondering it took about an hour and a half for Fluffy to sniff Eclipse and decide he was ok.  Managed to rub one of their cat tree blankets all over him when he was drier and fed both lots of treats.

So glad he didn't wiggle enough to fall out of the harness.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One of my cats fell in the bath once. Luckily the water wasn't too hot and he managed to pull himself back out but he was SO embarrassed. I heard a splash, then a scrabbling sound, and by the time I got there all I could see was a trail of wet footprints leading out of the cat door.

He stayed outside for hours, drying himself off and trying to compose himself. Poor little Eclipse. I'm glad he was OK.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

One of my cats fell in the bath once. Luckily the water wasn't too hot and he managed to pull himself back out but he was SO embarrassed. I heard a splash, then a scrabbling sound, and by the time I got there all I could see was a trail of wet footprints leading out of the cat door.

He stayed outside for hours, drying himself off and trying to compose himself. Poor little Eclipse. I'm glad he was OK.
      My Woosie once did the same thing.. she used to jump in the empty bathtub to see if there was any water around the plughole - cats just love finding their own water!  Anyway I was in there, getting ready to get in when she jumped in and so quickly jumped out again... I'm amazed she even had the time to get wet.

I used to bathe Woosie back then, to try to keep allergies at bay... I guess because I washed both cats, they didn't seem to go through the 'lack of recognition' stage, @Handsome Kitty.  I'm glad Fluffy decided all is well again.. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Asked Eclipse if he wanted to go out tonight.  He wasn"t his usually excited self, but did walk over to the door to go out.  Didn't do his usual stroll around the pool, however he did stay out for and hour and a half and he wanted to stay out longer.  Mom was getting chilly.  So Funny.

Last week we were out in front and the local basketball team won a national championship, so the local morons started shooting off fireworks.  Totally terrified the cat.

Just have to get through the 4th of July.