Wired Sound Like Purr ??

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello guys when i finally live month
Without my kitty getting sick i got this today ... he throw up a clear brownish liquid because his food was brown with little hair very small pieces
Anyway then he cough with that wired sound .. i wouldn't go to vet unless its very emergency because the vet clince is full of viruses these days and i dont want any
This is the “ wired “ sound

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey. I know you hesitate to go to the vet but maybe you can arrange to wait in the car or outside until the vet is ready for you. I don’t know if you are worried about you or kitty catching something but for you, hand washing is the key. You can wear gloves and be sure to keep from touching your face until you have removed them and be sure to wash them after. If you are worried about kitty catching something then cover the carrier with a towel or folded sheet.
I can’t really say what the noise is. It sounded like the start of a purr but since it stopped so quickly ( and kitty is in a carrier/ most don’t purr there) I wonder if it is either congestion or trying to clear it’s throat. You mention kitty being sick before. What was wrong then? That might give others a better idea of what the kitty is doing here. You could always send this video to your vet. You might call them and ask to send it. Other than that, I would say kitty needs to go. Throwing up hair does happen but it’s hard to know if that’s all that is going on. Since this is a long haired cat it would be a good idea to brush it to get any loose fur off. That would help kitty a lot. That’s a beautiful kitty. It reminds me of a kitty I had as a girl that I loved very much.
Posting the video was a great idea! Please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey. I know you hesitate to go to the vet but maybe you can arrange to wait in the car or outside until the vet is ready for you. I don’t know if you are worried about you or kitty catching something but for you, hand washing is the key. You can wear gloves and be sure to keep from touching your face until you have removed them and be sure to wash them after. If you are worried about kitty catching something then cover the carrier with a towel or folded sheet.
I can’t really say what the noise is. It sounded like the start of a purr but since it stopped so quickly ( and kitty is in a carrier/ most don’t purr there) I wonder if it is either congestion or trying to clear it’s throat. You mention kitty being sick before. What was wrong then? That might give others a better idea of what the kitty is doing here. You could always send this video to your vet. You might call them and ask to send it. Other than that, I would say kitty needs to go. Throwing up hair does happen but it’s hard to know if that’s all that is going on. Since this is a long haired cat it would be a good idea to brush it to get any loose fur off. That would help kitty a lot. That’s a beautiful kitty. It reminds me of a kitty I had as a girl that I loved very much.
Thanks for the advices
I will make sure to use it if it's necessary
I already send it to my vet but its 1 am here so i dont think i will get the answer right now right now he stop vomiting
He throw up once only
And the noise stop for now
I will try stop worring but i can't
He is sleeping right now and i’m waiting for his next meal in 6 am i hope he pass what he swallows but i dont think he’s the type of eating wired things so
I hope it's only hair trying to pass his throat my finale question is that emergency situation ??
Or i can wait to see if he is fine
I already check his tempture and its normal

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And thank you for your nice words :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you are worried. It is clear that you love this kitty. If the temperature is normal then that is a good sign. If kitty is sleeping, eating and drinking as well as going to the bathroom normally then it does not appear to be an emergency. I can only tell you what I would do if it was my kitty. I would keep a watch on it and if all continues as it is now I would try to get a little rest before morning and make sure to get an answer from the vet then. If there are any changes then please post back. I will be watching to see if there are any new messages from you. If kitty wakes up then see if it will sting some water. It might help to pass anything. I have two long haired cats and they both throw up hair sometimes. We’ll hope that’s all that is going on. If you notice any other symptoms then you can come and post again. Others may be able to help. Please let me know how kitty is doing.
You are very welcome for the words. You are a kitty lover and you deserve kind words. So does kitty! :)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's like he did a mini reverse sneeze. Reverse sneezing is not really a sneeze but spasm caused by irritation of the soft palate or throat. It can sometimes sound like a snort (like your kitty did) although I've usually seen it last longer than that. Did he snort more than once in a row?
If he threw up, it could have irritated his throat/soft palate causing the cough/snort/repeated swallowing thing he did.
I have also read that flat faced kitties are more susceptible to reverse sneezing.

I did notice that your kitty has discharge around the eyes, does she have any other symptoms of upper respiratory infection?

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's like he did a mini reverse sneeze. Reverse sneezing is not really a sneeze but spasm caused by irritation of the soft palate or throat. It can sometimes sound like a snort (like your kitty did) although I've usually seen it last longer than that. Did he snort more than once in a row?
If he threw up, it could have irritated his throat/soft palate causing the cough/snort/repeated swallowing thing he did.
I have also read that flat faced kitties are more susceptible to reverse sneezing.

I did notice that your kitty has discharge around the eyes, does she have any other symptoms of upper respiratory infection?
The sound stop for now
And yup he’s cat with herpes virus

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know you are worried. It is clear that you love this kitty. If the temperature is normal then that is a good sign. If kitty is sleeping, eating and drinking as well as going to the bathroom normally then it does not appear to be an emergency. I can only tell you what I would do if it was my kitty. I would keep a watch on it and if all continues as it is now I would try to get a little rest before morning and make sure to get an answer from the vet then. If there are any changes then please post back. I will be watching to see if there are any new messages from you. If kitty wakes up then see if it will sting some water. It might help to pass anything. I have two long haired cats and they both throw up hair sometimes. We’ll hope that’s all that is going on. If you notice any other symptoms then you can come and post again. Others may be able to help. Please let me know how kitty is doing.
You are very welcome for the words. You are a kitty lover and you deserve kind words. So does kitty! :)
I woke up 6 clock and he eventually woke up with me so i give him some food for upest tommy and he eat it all :yess:
I will wait few hours more incase something bad happen i wish not but we will see

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still here with you and watching for news. I am so glad he ate. I would still talk to the vet even if he does not repeat the noise or throwing up. It would be good to let them add this new development to his records since he has the herpes virus. If his eyes have steadily been draining you need to tell them that too. I’m sure you already know this but there is an ointment he can be given for his eyes if they get matted up.
I’ll check back in later for any updates. Thank you for giving me this wonderful update! I’m very glad he slept and ate well. :)

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am still here with you and watching for news. I am so glad he ate. I would still talk to the vet even if he does not repeat the noise or throwing up. It would be good to let them add this new development to his records since he has the herpes virus. If his eyes have steadily been draining you need to tell them that too. I’m sure you already know this but there is an ointment he can be given for his eyes if they get matted up.
I’ll check back in later for any updates. Thank you for giving me this wonderful update! I’m very glad he slept and ate well. :)
Yes he respond
He said if he eat fine and vomiting stop then watch him for 48 hours if anything got worse he need to go to the clince

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very, very good news! :) Thank you for letting me know. I was wondering how you were doing but I finally went to bed just before you wrote the last post. I’ll keep checking on you both. :wave3:

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted you to know that I am still checking in just in case you need a little support. I am hoping all is well with you both. :wave3:
Thank you for your words :heartshape:
My boy is fine right now
With Some flare up :bawling:
But it's fine really i’m planning to change his food to raw i heard its good for cat i forgot to mention that my kitty has something i dont know my vet said its IBD but its like minor IBD
He’s not sure , right know he has chronic diarrhea and its stable with fancy feast kitten tender turkey but sometimes i see some diarrhea but not that bad like he used to so...... i really want to change his food :hearthrob:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the new food will help. It might be good to do a gradual change. Just ask the vet. I have my cats on Fancy Feast too. My older cat that has illness throws up too. Also diarrhea sometimes. He does very well right now on the Fancy Feast flaked Fish and Shrimp Feast. He loves it and so does his digestive system. No problems on it at all so far.
Please keep us posted here about your kitty. My sick kitty is named Mackie. He’s a real sweet heart. :)

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A
I hope the new food will help. It might be good to do a gradual change. Just ask the vet. I have my cats on Fancy Feast too. My older cat that has illness throws up too. Also diarrhea sometimes. He does very well right now on the Fancy Feast flaked Fish and Shrimp Feast. He loves it and so does his digestive system. No problems on it at all so far.
Please keep us posted here about your kitty. My sick kitty is named Mackie. He’s a real sweet heart. :)
Aww i’m sorry your kitty is sick
He got a good name though , best of luck for you two :hearthrob:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! :) He does pretty well for an old fellow. Sometimes they just take a little extra care. He is a very good natured kitty. I call him my laughing cat. I think it helps us all to support each other if we have a sick kitty. I appreciate your kindness!:hearthrob::sunshine: