Winter Decorations?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I finally got the Christmas tree taken down yesterday and most of the Christmas decorations have been packed away into totes. I did end up leaving out a few snowmen/snowflake decorations.

Do you leave out any decorations for Winter?

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only winter decoration I have out is a snowman soap dispenser. It’s almost empty and when it is I’ll pack it away.
i do have a valentines wooden plaque on my door and the little norfolk pine tree has red heart lights and pink “love bug” decorations on it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I left some snowman things out; we'll take them down around the end of February, when I put the Winterberry dishes away.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. A yard full of snow is my only remaining winter decoration. My shelves are covered in shades of greens so that it reminds me spring is coming .

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a skinny artificial christmas tree with the branches starting about 3 feet up this year, and I'm leaving it up year round with the Christmas ornaments off, but the multi-colored lights on. I love it. It's in a corner. I love looking at the tree lights in the dark before bed, so I'm a-doin' it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a skinny artificial christmas tree with the branches starting about 3 feet up this year, and I'm leaving it up year round with the Christmas ornaments off, but the multi-colored lights on. I love it. It's in a corner. I love looking at the tree lights in the dark before bed, so I'm a-doin' it.
Sounds cute. Can you post a picture?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We don't really do much in the way of decorating to begin with. I did put up solar outdoor lights this year and am thinking I'll just leave them up. They make nice entryway lights so people can see their way up the stairs.

IMG_5322.jpeg

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We don't really do much in the way of decorating to begin with. I did put up solar outdoor lights this year and am thinking I'll just leave them up. They make nice entryway lights so people can see their way up the stairs.
Outdoor lights don't have to be a holiday-only thing! I would leave them, too.

We have some winter-themed sheets that will probably stay until March. (They're flannel, and I'm in a place that gets cold.)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Outdoor lights don't have to be a holiday-only thing! I would leave them, too.

We have some winter-themed sheets that will probably stay until March. (They're flannel, and I'm in a place that gets cold.)
My mom lives in a place that gets cold, too. She's a stickler for putting away decorations and holiday things after Christmas, so I got her some flannel sheets that were more winter-themed that she'd use longer.

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 10.22.33 AM.png

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Those are really cute! It's nice to have cheery decor when you live in a place with cold, dark winters; I bet your mom loves them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking of leaving a few things up. I have a cute snowman I got at a craft fair that looks nice on top of the kitchen cabinets. I have a metal painted chickadee that has a pine twig with red berries on one side. But if you turn it around the other side is just painted. So that works year round. I have valentines decorations that I put up; so I won't leave anything that could clash with those.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. I have a simple rule. What does not go up does not ever need to come down. Most of our holiday decorations went to the thrift store over the summer. They were taking up space and I hadn't used them in years.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our tree is still up and I have a winter-themed wreath on the front door. We just had our Twelfth Night (not the religious Epiphany, but something we made up) tonight (Sunday), so the tree will be coming down soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise