Winn is mean!

badkelpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's a little brat!

She bites me, the dogs, scratches, spazzes out and attacks my face. She hisses at and attacks my dogs when they walk by her.

When I got her, she was sweet. She was scared the first day, and hid. Later that day, she was still scared, but purred when I picked her up and petted her. Since then, she has been a little meanie. She will occasionally sit with me, but if I move she gets up. She'll let me pet her when she's sitting on me, but within minutes she'll turn around and bite me, but takes it a little further and grabs my arm with her front feet and kicks me with her back feet (not gently!). If the dogs or my other cat or my toes under the blanket move, she's right there.

I know some of it is kitten playfulness, but I have had playful kittens, this one is insane!

This is totally stressing out my bigger dog (australian kelpie), she's been attacked by cats and is selective about the cats she will trust. Fin has never even looked at her funny so she's fine with him. Winn growls at her every time she looks at her. This causes the dog to obsess about her. She just stares at her. Never hurts or attacks, just stares. We've been working on it, but the second the dog relaxes, Winn attacks her tail or me (the kelpie is very protective of me and her wiener dogs). The kelpie will never hurt her, rest assured.

Winn still sleeps in the bathroom, partly because the dog obsesses, partly because I want to wake up with eyeballs.

Fin is the exact opposite, he is so so cuddly and affectionate, so sweet! And he LOVES winn!

She's about 5 months old, when can I expect her to outgrow this? Any of it? I don't care if she never lets me pet her or remains hyper, I just want her to stop growling at and attacking the dogs! My 14 year old wiener dog never does anything to her, she's the sweetest old dog.