willow story so far.

joeynox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On 11/16/12 I took my 15 yr old cat will to the animal hospital because he hadn’t eaten for 2 days. The vets found a large abscess with puncture wounds on his behind and we surmised that he had gotten into a fight with my female cat . They drained it.The Vets said there was an infection and they prescribed clavamox 2x a day for 14 days and budprephine 3x a day 3 days and an econe 14 days. On 11/17/12 at 4am willow started eating and drinking. At 11am that morning I started his meds and from the time I gave him his meds until Sunday 11/18/12 at 10 pm willow hadn’t drank or eaten anything. I took him back to the animal hospital where they said he was dehydrated and most likely the clavamox was cause a gastric problem and said to discontinue both meds. They did some blood work and it said it showed dehydration and mild elevation in amylase. They prescribed famotidine and gave him an injection of an antibiotic I believe was convenia.
From 11/18/12 to 11/20/12 willow wore his cone so I decided to remove it and he started eating and drinking normally. I gave him 1 pepcid ac pill and that night he had diarrhea . thanks giving night and today 11/23/12 he has had diarrhea.i stopped the Pepcid ac after that first pill because I wasn’t sure if that’s what caused it. I cant afford to take him back to the hospital because my first visit was $500 and the second was $ 550. All of my local vets are booked for a few days. Im not sure what t o do. Other than the diarrhea he seems ok. Hes eating and drinking .

i dont have insurance mainly because he has had crystals a few times and we could never get coverage. any suggestions?

Last edited:

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Care Credit.  Your vet has to belong but ;you can get approval the same day you are at the vets.  It has saved me many times financially.  You can apply online or by phone.  Just go to their website and get the info or call your vet.

I hope you find some help.  I  am sure others will be along now to chime in.

Last edited: