Will this grey kitten turn black???

Amylee86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my tortoiseshell cat had a litter of 4 little kittens yesterday and one is grey will it change to black have read lots of articles about fever coat don’t think she has fever coat just want to see everyone’s opinions

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amylee86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That’s what I was thinking but my friend was adamant she would turn black the kittens grandmother was grey

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The kitten looks blue (grey) to my eyes. Hard to tell what will happen to its coat as it ages but since you know there is blue in her line it seems quite likely.
Especially considering the pink nose and lips.

Amylee86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure who father is it was a accidental litter but no she has no white on at all

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You would know who the father is by the colouring of the kittens. Looks like two black, a torbie and a grey. Most likely was a brown tabby. The kitten looks grey to me, not a fever coat which is more white. I do hope you get momma spayed though.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi my tortoiseshell cat had a litter of 4 little kittens yesterday and one is grey will it change to black have read lots of articles about fever coat don’t think she has fever coat just want to see everyone’s opinions
It looks like he will be blue/ gray to me, but kittens can change a lot. His nose looks pink also which is unsual I think for blk or grey kitties. I see some tabby ghosting in the first pic.

Amylee86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes mum is already booked in to be spayed once kittens leave. Thanks for comments 😊