• Dulce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jezebel1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just rescued this kitten from a really sick individual. I haven’t owned a cat since I was like 7, and no idea what to do with her. He said he was planning on feeding them to his dogs, and he was in a bar full of girls so we all took one and the manager kicked him out of the bar haha. I couldn’t let her get eaten. Anyway I was just wondering if you think she’ll be long or medium haired? There’s even a chance it’s just kitty fuzz and she’s a short hair but all her siblings seemed pretty fluffy except one, which to me was clearly a short hair. The rest I’m not sure. She reminds me a lot of my aunts medium haired calico who has recently passed away so I thought it was fate. I was just wondering what you guys think? If you have a medium or long haired kitten could you post there kitten pictures and an adult picture? Just so I can compare. I also don’t really have any good pictures of her but I’m posting what I have. I’ll try to get better ones but she’s feisty and moves a lot.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s adorable! Thanks for rescuing her! I think she will end up as a longhair. She looks especially fluffy, and I can see where her fur is parted that it looks long. Her long ear furnishings are an indication too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jezebel1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Those photos were taken when she was about a week. Now she is about 4 so I took some new ones tonight. Seems just as fluffy if not a little fluffier. I didn’t notice how big of a difference there was between 1 week and 4. Her eye color is changing too

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is that she will end up being a longhaired cat. Genetically, cats are either longhaired or shorthaired; some people use "medium haired" to describe a longhaired cat that doesn't have a whole lot of hair, but it's an imprecise term.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jezebel1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ya I realize that medium haired isn’t an actual term but I still use it and I think it should be used. There are super fluffy cats, like a Ragdoll or Persian. Then there are shorter haired long hairs like the Norwegian forest cat. So I think domestic medium hair should be a thing because in my eyes there is a significant difference. But hey I don’t make the rules lol

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have three cats, one long haired , one short haired and one which is neither so I call her medium haired.

20190221_122239.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a long haired kitty; you can tell by the poofy tail. Beautiful!