Will my little lexi girl be long hair?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is odd about your guy’s fur… I am not sure… I have never seen that happen with any of my longhair cats. I’ve only had two genuine longhair cats Sybil and Zena.

Maybe it is something to do with their diet or stress? Merlin who is a domestic short hair has very very fluffy for those thick and fluffy and he has toe Tufts but he never had real long hair, his hair got thicker after living outside for two years.
[/QUOTE]
Zena is most def a long hair. But when he showed up he looked like a Siberian, super floof. He was dumped and I think it was just dumped the night that he showed up at my house maybe but it took me two years to get him inside and the stress affected his fur. He is a little fluffier now but he does not look as fluffy as when he first showed up…see photo 😀

82FBFE68-0219-49CA-967A-90DDE38E4C7F.jpeg
9411760A-AED1-4ECF-ABDD-262A55D8EEA0.jpeg
18F7B46E-3107-4BC8-8436-AE8CEEF11CF9.jpeg

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I added some thing into my post about your cats but for some reason it’s not showing up so I’m sorry if this is a repeat.

I was saying I don’t know what could’ve happened to your guys to go from long hair to short hair- I have never heard of that before.

When he showed up he was super floof like a Siberian, but he still looks definitively long hair and it has gotten a little fluffier but not to what it was at first. It took me two years to get him inside and I think it was the stress of living outside that did it for him.

Merlin who is a domestic short hair has a very thick fluffy fur but it’s not long hair. However he does have toe tufts, so maybe he has some thing of the long hair gene. I’m not sure…when he showed up also outside his fur was definitely not as thick as it is now.
For some reason I didn’t notice his toe tufts until about two years ago maybe which was odd so I’m not sure when that happened... he also has ear tufts but not like a real longhair cat. He is a ginger too.

I never saw Zena or any of these cats as a kitten but I am pretty sure he was probably a floofy kitten too 😀

Last edited:

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is odd about your guy’s fur… I am not sure… I have never seen that happen with any of my longhair cats. I’ve only had two genuine longhair cats Sybil and Zena.

Maybe it is something to do with their diet or stress? Merlin who is a domestic short hair has very very fluffy for those thick and fluffy and he has toe Tufts but he never had real long hair, his hair got thicker after living outside for two years.
Zena is most def a long hair. But when he showed up he looked like a Siberian, super floof. He was dumped and I think it was just dumped the night that he showed up at my house maybe but it took me two years to get him inside and the stress affected his fur. He is a little fluffier now but he does not look as fluffy as when he first showed up…see photo 😀

View attachment 440539View attachment 440540View attachment 440541
[/QUOTE]
Yup it is indeed very strange and boy the change was drastic and very shocking in one of the gingers. He came to me looking like a maine coon with long lynx tips on his ears and a very floofy body but in 2 to 3 months he lost it all including his lynx tips but he still has his toe tufts. The same thing happened with another ginger foster kitten of mine so I am beginning to wonder if whatever it is... it only affects ginger cats? (as strange as it sounds). Because I also have 2 other resident long haired cats at home and they are completely fine.
Diet wise they eat raw and boiled meats and a bit of kibble.. I take what they eat very seriously lol and I try to put them on a well balanced diet as much as possible so I can't imagine any environmental factors causing this problem *sighh*

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I added some thing into my post about your cats but for some reason it’s not showing up so I’m sorry if this is a repeat.

I was saying I don’t know what could’ve happened to your guys to go from long hair to short hair- I have never heard of that before.

When he showed up he was super floof like a Siberian, but he still looks definitively long hair and it has gotten a little fluffier but not to what it was at first. It took me two years to get him inside and I think it was the stress of living outside that did it for him.

Merlin who is a domestic short hair has a very thick fluffy fur but it’s not long hair. However he does have toe tufts, so maybe he has some thing of the long hair gene. I’m not sure…when he showed up also outside his fur was definitely not as thick as it is now.
For some reason I didn’t notice his toe tufts until about two years ago maybe which was odd so I’m not sure when that happened... he also has ear tufts but not like a real longhair cat. He is a ginger too.

I never saw Zena or any of these cats as a kitten but I am pretty sure he was probably a floofy kitten too 😀
Your cat Zena is very beautiful😍 and most certainly still longhair even if he's not as floofy as he was before🥰 Cat genetics are confusinggg lol